GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a speedohealer I took off my ST-1300 when I traded it in and I thought as long as I had the shelter off I should just install it on the wing. Where is the speedo connector in that mass of wires under the shelter?

Thanks

D

·
0 Posts
I got a speedohealer I took off my ST-1300 when I traded it in and I thought as long as I had the shelter off I should just install it on the wing. Where is the speedo connector in that mass of wires under the shelter?

Thanks
Right hand side down near the Vent. It's in a black boot along with others.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
take bike to 60 mpg via GPS, note whate speedo tells you.

Go to speedohealer's website and enter the bike's speedo reading when the bike was at 60mph as seen on your GPS. The site will give you your error and the directions to program the speedohealer.

It's about a 15 minutes job, 30 if you have dial-up.

·
Registered
195 Posts
speedohealer

On both my 02 and 06 goldwings with bridgestone tires, my gps would display 67 mph at 3000 rpm, if that helps. mdh

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
My '05 speedo read 65 indicated at 60 MPH (GPS)

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On both my 02 and 06 goldwings with bridgestone tires, my gps would display 67 mph at 3000 rpm, if that helps. mdh
I finally got the wing back together and took it out for a ride. The first results weren't good as I forgot 500 is 50 percent not 5 on the speedohealer. The speedometer read kinda low:oops:. After I entered 050 it reads a little under 70 mph (68-69) at 3000 rpm so I think I'm just a couple mph fast now instead of 5 mph over. Thanks.

D

·
0 Posts
I finally got the wing back together and took it out for a ride. The first results weren't good as I forgot 500 is 50 percent not 5 on the speedohealer. The speedometer read kinda low:oops:. After I entered 050 it reads a little under 70 mph (68-69) at 3000 rpm so I think I'm just a couple mph fast now instead of 5 mph over. Thanks.
BMCDONAU,

I didn't see what year bike you have, mine is an '08 and it was 4Mph fast with stock D250 tires. See if you can borrow a hand held GPS from somebody and get a good read on your actual speed at 60Mph you'll be able to get your speedo dead on.

Geof

1 - 10 of 10 Posts