GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..and I'm scared as hell to drill holes to mount it!! I will need to buy the correct size bit(s) - any special type to drill through the plastic? Anything else I should know before I try to install it? It looks gorgeous: color matches perfectly!. :excited:

·
Registered
361 Posts
video

..and I'm scared as hell to drill holes to mount it!! I will need to buy the correct size bit(s) - any special type to drill through the plastic? Anything else I should know before I try to install it? It looks gorgeous: color matches perfectly!. :excited:
There is a video on how to do,i think it is cruisemans garage.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I did mine a couple of months ago.

Just follow the directions and watch Cruiseman's video it worked great. Also couldn't find the groment at first it was up inside the spoiler. It would be a great time to instal a Kisan spoiler modulator did that the other day, very easy.

·
Registered
866 Posts
It certainly ain't rocket science! Watch the video and do it! Very easy!:thumbup:

·
Registered
456 Posts
Like all the above said, watch Cruisemans' video.....and seeing as you have the coolest color, the spoiler will look great as mine does!
You may want to think about adding a Kisan Tailblazer which will REALLY light up the spoiler brake light to trafic behind you.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I drilled 6 holes in my trunk lid just a few weeks ago to mount 2 amber LED 3 light strobes which flash when I apply the brakes...... No problem at all. I mounted them temporarily where I wanted them using double sided sticky mounting tape........AND just drilled thru the mounting holes........ Then removed the lights - the tape - and screwed them onto the lid and wired them to the white plug inside the trunk under the upper lid cover. I got them from LSH Lights and they have 26 strobe flash patterns (programmable) and also come in white, red, blue and amber. Made by TOMAR.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
remove the lid trunk (top) inner liner - the inside of the lid is Marked from the factory for the holes. The kid at the Honda shop uses these and a saws all to install them for customers.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
The instructions come with spoiler and Honda has holes marked already with templet . I would us 3 bit sides to get to final holes.

Oh yea your bike Will be worth another $50,000 dollars.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Pics of my super bright amber strobe (led) lights mounted...................

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,720 Posts
Hell just estimate it-- mark it with a sharpie and shoot a 22 caliber hole thru it. Stand about 15 feet back when you shoot and please be safe and make sure there are no children or neigbors near the bike. Sometimes the bullets bounce around a bit.

If you miss just put the spoiler on top and use duct tape to hold it own. Standard gray color will probably be close to your bike but they do make it in colors now

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
remove the lid trunk (top) inner liner - the inside of the lid is Marked from the factory for the holes. The kid at the Honda shop uses these and a saws all to install them for customers.
What would you do with a saws -all ? A drill is all you need.

·
Registered
2018 DCT Tour
1,880 Posts
Put some masking tape over the area where the drill will come through to protect the paint. Drill from the back side.

Toughest part of the job is getting the courage to drill into that ridiculously overpriced piece of plastic.

Use the paper template.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Checked that out and liked what I saw so I ordered it.

Does the outflow of $$$ *ever* stop? :roll:
Yes, When you Die :yes1:

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Use a step drill bit. Drill a small pilot hole first with a 1/8 inch bit then go to the step bit. It slices the hole rather than drill the hole.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
They have bits for plastic. Any hardware store or TAP Plastics will have what you need.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Just looked it up ... a new lid ... just the one piece lid ... from our sponsor is only $450 to $550, depending on color ... :thumbup:

Go ahead, brother, drill them holes !!!

SWEAT !!!

:joke:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts