GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a color matched spoiler for my 2002 Goldwing. My Goldwing is pearl orange and I already have a small luggage rack on the trunk. Will there be a problem in mounting the spoiler on the trunk. Do you think that the exsisting holes that were drilled out to mount the luggage rack will line up with the spoiler. Or will the spoiler at least cover the exsisiting holes. Any suggestions or comments ??

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Cannot give you an answer, but if the worse case happens, I have found out that you can use the ABS glue for plumbing, for the plastic. E/C sell an abs glue, but have not used it yet to compare. I think if you applied a thin fiberglass mesh under the holes(inside) with the abs glue, then when it drys, you could slowly build up the top hole area with layers at a time. It will be a very soft plastic, but lightly sanded, and painted, should do the job. Did similair to repair front fender, still holding well.

G

·
I haven't seen any rack that would line up with a spoiler regarding install holes....

The Big Bike/Showchrome rack works fine with the spoiler....my understanding is that the Honda rack conflicts with the spoiler.

·
Registered
199 Posts
>my understanding is that the Honda rack conflicts with the spoiler.

True but you can cut some pipe the same size as the mountingstuds of the Honda rack, take some longer screws and lift the rack just above the spoiler.

HTH

1 - 4 of 4 Posts