GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will have a spoiler waiting for me to install when I get home.
I know that you need a wiring harness to make it run as both brake and tail light.

Will I have a choice of which lights will it connect to without the additonal harness or does it default to one specifically?

Is EC the best choice for the harness?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Unless you buy something extra the spoiler will operate as a brake light only. There is only one place to connect the spoiler inside the trunk lid.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I have mine on just brake and my buddy Greg has his as running and brake. He likes it that way but for me I like it best just as a brake light. I think the brake lighting up from nothing gets others attention better than going from dim to bright.

·
Registered
451 Posts
You will only have the brake light function without an additional wiring harness. My preference, which I have is the Kisan Tailblazer. It modulates the spoiler brake light a few times with each application of the brakes, then goes steady, and also gives you a running light on the spoiler.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the quick replies guys.

I also have the Kisan Tailblazer,and was thinking of having the spoiler light as a brake only.
Looks like that will be my choice,and I can always add the harness later if I want to.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Agree with SL 1800, think the sudden change from nothing to red light will catch the eye better. Noticed this myself following other vehicle brake lites. Hope mine will be coming in soon too! Thanks to Hals 20% sale.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts