GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,
got my spoiler today!!!
easy install but i did find out my brake switch was not working,(hand) removed and sprayed some contact cleaner in the small hole and all ok.
thanks to Hal and all at HDL for the great service. Aussie BOB

·
Registered
168 Posts
Nice

Man those Red wings are just GEORGOUS. The spoiler changes the looks of the the whole back end of that thing. When I put mine on it did the same thing to the looks of my bike.
Nice ride pal.
allan

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I took advantage of Hal's sale too ... although I thought that Honda was (still) nuts to demand that much for a piece of plastic with a few LED's ... but when it's the only game in town ... :shock:
Anyway, Hal's crew came through and it's now sitting in the garage waiting for my wife to apply some wrapping paper and "surprise" :shock: me. I won't get to see it on the bike for aother week-and-a-half ... but that's ok. I'm patient ... LOL
I find it a bit "interesting" that Honda charges less for the PO color than for the IR or IB ... but has the nerve to charge almost double for the doggone PO rear fender piece. Maybe spoilers are easier to paint? :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
bob north said:
hi all,
got my spoiler today!!!
easy install but i did find out my brake switch was not working,(hand) removed and sprayed some contact cleaner in the small hole and all ok.
thanks to Hal and all at HDL for the great service. Aussie BOB

If you put a carriage return between the two images they show like this and don't blow out the right side. You can go back and edit your post and see the difference. :D

G

·
Bob,

Beautiful bike. I will be installing a spoiler, when the weather allows. Were there any tricks to the install, or installation tips you would pass along?

Mark

·
Registered
837 Posts
That bike is just downright purtty. I agree about the spoiler finishing off the back end. I felt mine had something missing back there till my spoiler ( and a lot of other stuff) came in. That was a long time ago though. It was perfect then, and still is....every time I add something else. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
install tips
drill the last hole,13mm, a bit bigger 14or 15mm that way if your holes are a litte out you have some play, i did not disconect the battery as honda say too, i saw no reason and look for the very small marks on the iside of the trunk where you need to drill i found the templet hard to get right. both side have 3 drill marks but you only need to drill 2 holes for the right side, 3 on the left cos 1 is for the light cable.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Use masking tape on top of the trunk to mark location before drilling. Helps getting it centered. I put one on mine as soon as I got the bike. Just adds a finishing touch to the rear of the bike. (until you find something else to add.) LOL :lol: :eek:w1:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Spoiler

I agree with you Jim. The rear end didn't look complete until I got the spoiler. Looks great and adds more "eye level" light for the 4-wheel crowd.

Cory
02 Pearl Orange

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Bob,

When I bought my bike (new) it came with a Hondaline rack on the back (stinks). I want a spoiler real bad, but without wrecking the trunk lid, almost impossible, as I don't want chrome plugs etc.

Guess I will have to wait till I get my new Bike.

Bulldog

·
Registered
258 Posts
They don't even have a part number for white yet!

G

·
White Spoiler

Don,
Here is the part number for the White Spoiler HO-7648025. Available on the HDL website.
Do you have yours yet?
Ride safely,
Tom

·
Registered
258 Posts
I just seen that part #. Thanks. Now to see if they are in stock!

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
I thought that Hal released the numbers for the White, Black Cherry and the new Titanium, and placed them on his store pages?

I could be wrong, but if I am, that would be the second time in my life.....LOL (just kidding)

Bulldog

·
Registered
347 Posts
Greetings,

The spoiler looks great. Can it be installed and still put a luggage rack on? I want a luggage rack and the spoiler!

Rick B
Tuscaloosa, AL
04 Candy Red

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
the 2004 Titanium is availible.

I do not remember who, but some one here PM'd me and told me it was availible.

I looked and sooon I will order a spoiler for my 2004 Titanium

Bulldog said:
I thought that Hal released the numbers for the White, Black Cherry and the new Titanium, and placed them on his store pages?

I could be wrong, but if I am, that would be the second time in my life.....LOL (just kidding)

Bulldog

·
Registered
407 Posts
I picked up my white '04 ABS today. Dealer had the spoiler part number and tried to order last week but was told that it would be early January before white was available.

BTW, As I remember from installing the spoiler on my '02, no masking tape or external centering is necessary. When you remove the inner trunk panel, there are dimples in the underside of the lid where the holes go. Just verify with the template that you have the right dimple and drill away!

YES ABS

·
Registered
325 Posts
Did they take the Spoilers off of the HDL Site..... I dont see them now. Course yall were talking about this in DEC, Feb now

Anyone know where I can order spoiler at online????

Brian

1 - 20 of 22 Posts