GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IS THERE A DIFFERENCE IN SIZE OF A 2006 REAR SPOILER COMPARED TO A 2004 SPOILER?
I JUST PUT ON A KURYAKYN LUGGAGE RACK ON MY BUDDIES 2006 WING AND IT STICKS PASS THE REAR OF THE SPOILER ABOUT 1 1/2 INCHES. ON MY WING THE KURY. RACK IS ALMOST FLUSH WITH THE REAR OF THE SPOILER.
WE COMPARED SPOILERS AND IT APPEARS THAT THE 2004 SPOILER IS LARGER THAN THE 2006.
CAN ANYBODY CONFIRM THIS?

THANKS
BOB

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,471 Posts
Not sure about the difference, but there is something that doesn't allow the 06 spoiler to fit on the earlier models. Trunk shape or contour? :?

·
Registered
10 Posts
After six months of being on back order I got my spoiler. The two cut out holes in the template that fit over the round marks on the trunk lid did not match, they were about 2/3 of a hole to close together. The three marks on each side of the trunk lid also did not line up with bolt holes in the spoiler. I had to move the holes an 1/8 of an inch out to fit. once I got it on it looks great.

·
Registered
405 Posts
There are two different spoilers out there. My friend and I each have dealer installed Honda spoliers (different dealers) on '06 bikes. His has a white lens and his is shaped differently at the corners than mine. I suspect one of us has an aftermarket spoiler or one not intended for an '06. Both seem to fit properly, and neither of us has a rack. Anybody know for sure?

·
Registered
48 Posts
The spoiler for the 2006 is different that the spoiler for the 2001-2005. Honda in all their great wisdom also makes a trunk rack, however if you have a Honda spoiler on your 2006 GL1800 you can not install a Hondaline trunk rack as the two are incompatible on the same installation. I am not sure about the aftermarket spoilers and their compatiblilty with the Hondaline trunk rack

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I checked with my Honda dealer today and found out that the spoilers are different between the earlier Wings and the 06 model.

THANKS FOR HELP!
BOB

·
Registered
65 Posts
Spoiler

I have the earlier model on my 06. Or at least it said when I ordered it that it fits 01-06 mdls. I know it is not shaped like factory 06 spoiler.

·
Registered
143 Posts
06 spoiler

When I took delivery of my 06 wing I carried out the spoiler and installed it myself. The first one they oprdered was for 01-05 models. I ask them to check and make sure it was for the 06. The parts guy just learned there was a difference. I nstalled it with the provided instructions, provided template, snapped together the wiring works perfectly, white lens and red LEDS. Tom

·
Registered
751 Posts
spoiler

There is a differance..... If you look on HDL website 2006 calls out a different part number from the others.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts