GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 2008 ABS last month after my 03 was totaled out by the insurance company following the February rear-ended accident. The 08 had somewhat faded speaker grilles and I've never been a big fan of all the black and grey plastic Honda uses on their vehicles. So I painted some bits burgundy red and here are the results. I've seen this color scheme in a few sports cars' interiors IIRC.

Even though I do say it myself, I think the new engine covers look great. The red is a great improvement over the chrome on chrome look that was factory original. Plus the speaker grilles are a lot cleaner looking now, too. TBH I think the radio knobs and key surround might be a bit too much but I'll live with them this summer and see what I think next winter. Those are easy enough to pop off and redo back to black or a toned down color.

Total cost: $3.99 for a can of paint, and several hours in the shop.

Attachments

·
Registered
175 Posts
I think you totaled your 08. IMHO

Reactions: Crookster and JW.

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
His bike, his money, he can do what he wants. I like it.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think you totaled your 08. IMHO
Harsh! LOL. This look any better to you? I removed the filter used on the earlier shot.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Ok if your into pink I guess.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
If someone else paid for your new Wing and complains about the paint job; you might have a problem. Otherwise; so long as you like it; stay with it. Yours should be the only opinion that matters!

Reactions: irish44395K
1 - 10 of 10 Posts