GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As it was mentioned in another thread, I will be starting a Four Corners Tour next week. I have a Spot2 device and have been testing it a bit, uploading/transferring the data points to SpotAdventures. Now I hear/see Spotwalla and I'm a bit confused. What are the advantages of one over the other?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Spotwalla will let you keep your trips for a much longer time. It's very easy to use and it's also free.

I've never used the Spotadventures so I can't comment on it.

·
Grumpy Fart
5,109 Posts
On Spotwalla you can put safe zones around your house, your kid's house, etc. so if you make your trip "public" on the Internet guys like BrianH can't figure out where you park your bike and hunt you down.

I create a new Spotwalla each year and keep it "private". I include in my Spot messages a tiny url link to that page. The recipients of my messages can click on the Spot (Goggle) current location (default) or my tiny url to watch me on Spotwalla live. You need to use tiny url else you run out of letters.

At the same time in Spotwalla you can create multiple trips like Sleddog did when he posted the link for his IBR CCC 100 on this site.

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
On Spotwalla you can put safe zones around your house, your kid's house, etc. so if you make your trip "public" on the Internet guys like BrianH can't figure out where you park your bike and hunt you down.
Ahaaaaa..., but when I was out there last summer I hid a secret tracking transmitter on your bike, so I always know where you are. This is particularly handy whenever I see you headed in my direction, and I can make sure I'm out that day... :doorag:

In answer to the OP, look at the Spotwalla links at the bottom of my signature. They show all my trips for the year. Spot and Spotwalla, once you've set it up, is pretty seamless. Just turn Spot on and go. Other than pushing a button when you stop for a beer, it all runs on its own.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts