GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I have a Motorola G7. Connects fine to my 2018 dct via Bluetooth. Makes and receives calls just fine. Streams Sirius XM from my app just fine. However, when I try to stream Spotify, the screen on the bike says no audio detected. Anyone else have this issue? Thanks!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Not that problem but a similar one. Try holding down the source button for a few seconds and see if this works.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Which software release are you on for your GW? Spotify is a strange app, and has not played well with a number of bluetooth devices. Cardo had to release an update to their headsets, as an example, in order to properly work with Spotify. I'm on the January software release, and while I can play the audio from my Pixel 3, the bike's controls won't skip songs, or anything else. It has to be done on the phone itself.

·
Registered
419 Posts
The only way I got Spotify to work was using CarPlay, as it is integrated into it.
There could be confusion on the BT for the bike, headphones and the phone.
Does it work on the external speakers?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Same as two posts up. Sound on a Pixel 3 XL but no controls work. Thankfully I use Google Music and not Spotify. Just installed it to help test.

I am pretty advanced user on Android, and there are a lot of settings you can try to use to fix these issues. None of them worked. That along with the fact other apps are fine leads me to believe that Spotify is the problem here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tried holding down the source button a few seconds and nothing, but noticed it put a line through the little helmet icon. I held it again to remove the line and it worked! How crazy! Thanks for your help!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
You're welcome. I discovered this by accident when I couldn't stream podcasts on my Moto g7. We used to call this an undocumented feature.

·
Registered
7,563 Posts
Source/mute button.

Press and release changes source.

Press and hold mutes the audio (and pauses track)

If in a phone call, press and hold will enable/disable private mode.

All 3 are 'documented' features.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts