GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
George ?? You should take some vacation for this .
You will have stories for rest of your life after that weekend . I know area down there and the skies the limit on food , roads , weird stuff , and scenic views .
BigJammer and Wadkap are ya in this spring ?
Ron ?? Let's make another bonzi run !!
The group of riders down there will make ya fell right at home .

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You will have a good time :thumbup:. I have a few spots you may wanna check out down there for ya . :cool:

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
I'm in. I already reserved my room. Still working out the details. It may be part of a trip to the Ozarks. John
You will have a good time :thumbup:. I have a few spots you may wanna check out down there for ya . :cool:
Better make sure you keep plenty of gas in your tank for when the banjos start playing if you follow Rail down some of them back roads he rides!;)

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I am in

I had a room for a couple months!! I am bunking with the cruiser out of Michigan. Will be there Wed and leaving Sunday. Deb is staying home, didn't like the pace last year:eek:4: Looking forward to seeing all of you there:nojoke: Will talk more when it get's closer and I have vacation locked in!!

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Better make sure you keep plenty of gas in your tank for when the banjos start playing if you follow Rail down some of them back roads he rides!;)
I have added a few more since our last visit down there . :twisted:

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
I had given it some thought last year, but it was at the same time as our ISO 9000 audit. I won't know when that is until mid March.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had given it some thought last year, but it was at the same time as our ISO 9000 audit. I won't know when that is until mid March.
So a good solid maybe than ??:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I've already spent 3 days riding around in Land Between the Lakes, Ky area, where "Deliverance" was filmed, visited the old cabin homestead on the Trace Trail, and had the 2"porkchop at Patti's 1880's Settlement. You're making it sound like "Old Home Week". Kinda liked most of the banjo playing and singing I heard riding the Ozarks, near St Joe, AR (pop.85), this last May. Songs like " Don't pet the dawg, he'll h*mp your leg!" and " My best friend ran off with my wife. He was still my best friend till he brought her back!" Thanks Mark, you've really got me looking forward to the D/S Ride-In. Wait till I tell you my Boaz sheep story. John

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Yes that kid is right of old hickory road west of the sourgum mill off of the right fork of the little creek outside Cherokee . :lol:
I've got a comb, piece of wax paper, and an old shine jug: maybe they'll let us sit in a session or two. Otherwise I know a little restaurant in Marshall, AR where on Friday night we can sit in on a band. John

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,944 Posts
I've already spent 3 days riding around in Land Between the Lakes, Ky area, where "Deliverance" was filmed, visited the old cabin homestead on the Trace Trail, and had the 2"porkchop at Patti's 1880's Settlement. You're making it sound like "Old Home Week". Kinda liked most of the banjo playing and singing I heard riding the Ozarks, near St Joe, AR (pop.85), this last May. Songs like " Don't pet the dawg, he'll h*mp your leg!" and " My best friend ran off with my wife. He was still my best friend till he brought her back!" Thanks Mark, you've really got me looking forward to the D/S Ride-In. Wait till I tell you my Boaz sheep story. John
I'm sorry jones463, but I believe Deliverance was filmed mostly in Northern Georgia. It isn't too far south of where the Darkside Ride-in will take place.

Deliverance was shot in the Tallulah Gorge southeast of Clayton, Georgia and on the Chattooga River, which divides the northeastern corner of the state of Georgia from the northwestern corner of the state of South Carolina. Additional scenes were shot in Salem, South Carolina. A scene was also shot at the Mount Carmel Baptist Church cemetery, which now lies 130 feet under the surface of Lake Jocassee, on the border between Oconee County and Pickens County South Carolina.[SUP][2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deliverance[/SUP]

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm sorry jones463, but I believe Deliverance was filmed mostly in Northern Georgia. It isn't too far south of where the Darkside Ride-in will take place.

Deliverance was shot in the Tallulah Gorge southeast of Clayton, Georgia and on the Chattooga River, which divides the northeastern corner of the state of Georgia from the northwestern corner of the state of South Carolina. Additional scenes were shot in Salem, South Carolina. A scene was also shot at the Mount Carmel Baptist Church cemetery, which now lies 130 feet under the surface of Lake Jocassee, on the border between Oconee County and Pickens County South Carolina.[SUP][2]

Several years ago this was the theme for me to find all the places the film was shot . The lake where church was on now lake jocassse still has a blacktop running into the water . I think those pics are on this IPad . Maybe I will check . It still is hard for me to believe this is what they deemed as making progress . There was a little old lady that volunteered at the Townsend, Ten welcome center years back that I sat and talked to for half a day , buying her lunch and sitting on the porch talking about her dad loosing the family farm to the national park . At gunpoint her dad was still not leaving . A 3 day ordeal she witnessed from behind the barricades . Progress , I wonder still to myself . Wanna story ? Check out Trail of Tears play in Cherokee sometime . This "want to be known hard ass rider " sat in tears when it was over . To the point where afterwards a few of the kids and there parents from the play came up to me and asked if everything was all right .We chatted for an hour or better . The next day we made plans to meet again .We all went for ice cream downtown and I made some really good Cherokee Indain friends I still stay I touch with to this day . Grandma who is now passed away told me the true spirit of the mountain is inside me as she looked into my tear filled eyes that evening . It's still creeps me out , she was looking way beyond my eyes, it felt like . I think she wanted ice cream and that's what I am going with .;)

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Right down the road from here .

·
Registered
812 Posts
Jones the next time you are in the LBL area, give me a shout. I'll lead you to a little known BBQ joint that has pork chops that make Patti's chops hang their bones in shame. These chops are listed as 2# cooked weight, but usually are closer to 3# each and can be pulled apart with a plastic fork.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Jones the next time you are in the LBL area, give me a shout. I'll lead you to a little known BBQ joint that has pork chops that make Patti's chops hang their bones in shame. These chops are listed as 2# cooked weight, but usually are closer to 3# each and can be pulled apart with a plastic fork.
Thank you Richard, I will take you up my next trip down the Trace. I have also eaten at Buzzard Rock Cafe, beautiful marina. You live in a beautiful part of the country. John

·
Registered
1,523 Posts

Sorry Boomer, That's what I was told at the time while I was there. Thank You for the correction. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused and still look forward to visiting the area. John

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Hey, I am thinking about this. When would you guys leave if your riding down together? Also, what route?

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,944 Posts
Sorry Boomer, That's what I was told at the time while I was there. Thank You for the correction. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused and still look forward to visiting the area. John
No apology necessary. I just thought you would like to know where it was filmed.

The first time I rode through that part of Georgia I lost my FM radio signal and hit auto search. It said 0 for FM stations so I switched to AM. They were just starting a song. Guess which one, yea. Dueling banjos!! :eek:4: :nojoke:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts