GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally Spring has arrived in southern New England. I took a nice long ride from Metro Boston to the dam at Barkhemsted Reservoir in Connecticut. It was 44 degrees and foggy when I left my house in the morning. By the time I got to the dam, approximately 100 miles away, the sun was shining and temps were in the mid 60s. The GPS update worked fine and took me to where I wanted to go. The heated seats and grips were much appreciated in the morning. Great day on a great motorcycle!

:wink2:

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nice picture...

Aside from some commuting, I did my first ride last weekend (~200 Miles). With the heated seat/grips, F4 and the oem air deflectors I could go with my summer gloves ?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Snowed here yesterday. Again.

Aaaaaaaaargh!

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,556 Posts
We had the warmest day this year and it got up to 75 degrees...first ride of the year without my heated gear and the bikes heat on. I did a 120 mile ride and noticed our cherry trees are getting ready to blossom and have seen some green coming back...but the warm weather didn't last long and its back to normal temps again and some heated gear use...another month before it really gets warm around here.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That looks familiar Tony...:wink2:

Hey Ed. I thought I might have seen a post from you on the other Board. Thanks for turning me on to this beautiful spot. And I can tell you that the new Wing does not handle like a tractor. :wink2:

·
Registered
674 Posts
I'm hope I can get up there next week with the bike Tony.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Yes, spring has arrived here in New England but the frost heaves haven't settled down yet. Yesterday i rode across southern NH, crossed the Connecticut River into Bellow Falls, VT and then up to Chester VT for lunch at the Country Girl Diner. Rode back roads the entire way. On many of the roads the frost heaves were so pronounced that I had to shift my weight off the seat and onto the foot pegs. I wondered if the 2018 Wing would have been any smoother than my '06. I'm not complaining nor envying, just wondering, as it was a perfect day for a ride. The temps ranged from a low of 42 degrees to a high of 69 degrees and the food at the diner was delicious!

·
IronMan
17,633 Posts
" APRIL FOOLS " !!! DONT PUT YOUR LONG JOHNS AWAY !! = IT AINT OVER YET !:wink2::smile2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts