GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
31,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With a very heavy heart I am canceling the Spring dells ride in . Blackhawk motel would like all to email them to cancel your room and please make reservations for Oct 9& 10 for our fall ride in . It’s the same layout as the spring .
This has been a very hard decision for me but with the uncertainty of this virus upon us I feel as it’s the wisest choice. Matter of fact Brad from Blackhawk is not opening motel at all until this all blows over and thanked me for making this decision. Please email Brad [email protected] as soon as possible to lock in your room Oct 9&10 and cancel it for May . Stay healthy my friends and fellow riders .
Rail

·
Administrator
31,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
FYI any questions please pm me .

·
Love The DCT
11,443 Posts
I’m sure all of us are very disappointed. However, in light of the current situation, it was the prudent thing to do.

·
Crazy Northerner
8,616 Posts
I really hate to hear this, but we have never faced something of this magnitude. I am glad to hear this since I do not want any of our extended family to have to go through what COVID-19 is doing to people and their families. Hop on your bike go for a ride avoid other people practice social distancing and wash you hands often. Hope to see all of you at the next gathering we can have safely. GOD bless you all.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I'm pretty sure most people weren't going to show up because it's right around the corner. I think the Dells are going to get hit hard economically this year as most Americans are experiencing already.
Everybody stay safe, build up your immune system. For me, vitamins A C D are important.
Hopefully see you all in the Fall.

·
Love The DCT
11,443 Posts
Once things free up, the Dells and the rest of the most popular recreational destinations are going to go nuts. Around here, we can still do "pleasure" drives/rides. It was 55 deg. F here yesterday. You can tell people want to get out and ride their bikes. Hundreds of bikes out yesterday. I'm willing to bet there will be more tomorrow with temps in the 70's.

·
Crazy Northerner
8,616 Posts
I have been riding the 6 days and today will make 7.

·
Love The DCT
11,443 Posts
After the news tonight, it was a wise move to cancel the spring Dells Ride. There is a cluster of 14 active Covid 19 cases in the workers dorm that houses the international students that are here on visas to work in the Dells. All 14 cases are international students.

·
Administrator
31,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After the news tonight, it was a wise move to cancel the spring Dells Ride. There is a cluster of 14 active Covid 19 cases in the workers dorm that houses the international students that are here on visas to work in the Dells. All 14 cases are international students.
Yikes ! I am truly so confused over all the misinformation it’s crazy. EAA closed their world wide attended fly in , so as money hungry as they are, I now know I made the right decision. Truly wish that I was not deamed , not needed, or did not felt guilty for working as an essential . A smoker at 11 has caused bronchitis 7 times and pneumonia 3 . I am not looking forward to this Virus . i am one year too young to get a medical excuse sadly also.

·
Love The DCT
11,443 Posts
Yikes ! I am truly so confused over all the misinformation it’s crazy. EAA closed their world wide attended fly in , so as money hungry as they are, I now know I made the right decision. Truly wish that I was not deamed , not needed, or did not felt guilty for working as an essential . A smoker at 11 has caused bronchitis 7 times and pneumonia 3 . I am not looking forward to this Virus . i am one year too young to get a medical excuse sadly also.
You did make the right decision. The WI Dept. of Health data shows there were 21 confirmed cases in Sauk Cty as of May 1st. 14 of those 21 cases are international students who are staying in the worker's dormitory. That's 2/3 rds of Sauk Cty's cases. We all have been at restaurants in the Dells were we have been waited upon by the students. Since many people can be asymptomatic and a fair amount of us who attend the ride are in the vulnerable group, it was prudent to do what you did. (y)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts