GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We normally take off each June on some sort of 10 day trip. In the past it was the Black Hills or the UP of Michigan. This year we are planning Colorado or Tennessee. I would appreciate any input you could provide on the pros and cons of both. I have never been to Tennessee but have been to Estes Park.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Colorado

Colorado has pretty darn nice riding and that is a great time of the year. Our High Country Cruisers group (Valkyrie, but a lot of us now have Wings also) plans a lot of rides each year. I have linked below to our Ride Calendar (2003 rides, maps, etc are there and you will see that we are still working on the 2004 rides) should be able to give you some good ideas, and if you want specific info I'll be glad to help.

It is a good bit farther, but if you've never ridden the roads and parks in Utah and northern Arizona (Arches, Capitol Reef, Escalante-Grand Staircase, Bryce Canyon, Zion, North Rim Grand Canyon, Monument Valley) I highly recommend them. And, you could ride through Colorado on the way down and back.

Colorado High Country Cruiser Ride Calendar

·
Registered
353 Posts
We rode around Nashville last summer on our way to the Wing Ding, very nice area to ride.

Our son and his girlfriend and the wife and I are riding out to Maine and down through Virginia and North Carolina for a couple weeks this summer sometime.

Us Minnesota riders should try to plan a ride this summer also.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Storm, can't go wrong on either neighborhood, but since you've never been to Tenn., i'd suggest you find your way to Virginia's Skyline Drive,run it to the Blue Ridge Parkway & into Great Smokie Mtn. N.P.,Deals Gap, over to Gatlinburg,Tn, & even down the Natchez Trace Parkway out of Nashville if you got time. Gaurenteed y'all won't get board with this area.
stay safe & have a good ride,
dave,the hobo,cassidy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks much for the input - We sat down and looked over the maps not just for mileage but terrain we would be riding through. The scenery next to the Mississippi river is spectacular and seeing as this extends down to just west of Tennessee I think we are focused on that as our destination. Thanks for the info hobo I will use that route once we get their. We are going with a couple we have know for some time and they each ride Harley's (loud). It's always fun and we enjoy ourselves and that's what it is all about. I should have my trailer all done in time and we are planning on camping most of the way dependent on weather (weather we feel like it or not)
All this is subject to change without notice :wink:

Colorado for sure next year

1 - 6 of 6 Posts