GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well everyone knows how much I hate winter. Now that is is spring, I have managed to get a few more miles riding, however today the monsoons started. We are now over 2 inches of cold rain with an occassional snow flake in it. I know we have to go through this every year, but I always wish it was over in just a few days. On top of all that I am fighting a nasty cold that has caused me to come home from work early the last 2 days. I have no patience for being sick. It looks like this will continue through the entire weekend. The guy down at the end of the street is building some kind of boat in his back yard. Looks like this.

He also seems to be collecting some assortment of animals and people keep standing around watching. Not sure what is going on. I hope this isn't some sort of sign.
Oh well enough ranting. Can't wait for that warm spring weather and this cold to go away. Ride safe.

·
Registered
20,951 Posts
George it is beautiful warm in the 60's here today :thumbup:

just hope there is not a shortage of suntan lotion

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was that while you were sleeping Mike? Has to be some sort of dream world you are in. Cold cloudy and random sprinkles here today.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Say George~that guy at the end of the street building that boat,I know your under the weather,but do you think you could muster up enough strenght,if you see a couple of mosquito's,go outside and swat them. (we don't need any more of them.) :lol:

Just get better by May 8th.

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good idea. I will be on the look out for them. I was also thinking about taking one of those fat pigs for a nice BBQ dinner.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Unlike getting the snow in December, this will melt fairly fast. But not as fast as we would like. Think spring harder!!!!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Snow and then they will SALT. Will have to wait for more rain to take the salt off the road.

John:-(

·
Registered
165 Posts
The weather we are having this spring just SUCK's, At this rate the GW will have to stay in the back shed for another two weeks. Still too much sand on the roads around here.

The word for today is"WARMER WEATHER"

·
Registered
475 Posts
They just sweep the sand off of our street for the 2nd time last week.... and I took my snows off of the Civic. But you are correct the with the temps it should melt fairly quickly.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
This is the part about moving back to Wisconsin I am not so thrilled about... Go Cheese!

·
Registered
20,951 Posts
the weather is crap here today and i think its all George's fault

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Most likely. At least I can take the blame for it. I was looking at the long term forcast and it should be getting better in July.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts