GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be attending grandson's bootcamp graduation at Great Lakes, but will be staying in the Springfield area one night. Looking for a safe area/nice motel and an old fashioned deli, the kind that makes big pastrami sandwiches and the like. Appreciate any help/advise. TIA

·
Registered
440 Posts
Place to stay

If you're coming down I55 stay at Litchfield, Ill. Niehause Cycle is located there and there are several nice motels and good places to eat. Niehouse is a very large Honda dealer with anything a biker might need. It's about 1/2 way between St Louis and Springfield, Ill.

·
Registered
444 Posts
A very good breakfast / lunch diner in Springfield is Charlie Parker's. This place was on Diners Drive-Ins and Dives (DDD) on the Food Network. My wife and I ate there last week on our way back from Yellowstone and it was great. Note that they close at 2 pm though.

As for lodging, if you are a Holiday Inn priority club member, there is a hotel in Springfield on their 5k points list meaning that you can stay there for only 5k points instead of the usual 15k+. I think it was a Staybridge Suites so they are more like apartments than hotel rooms.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Lincoln,Illinois has several nice motels right next to the interstate and the best local place might be the Blue Dog Inn in the downtown area if I can be of any help call me at 217-737-8174

I lived in Central Illinois for about 30 years

1 - 5 of 5 Posts