GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had squeaking brakes since day one and want to buy ceramic pads to put an end to it (I understand that they dont squeak). Do they make them for the 1800? And if so who, what and where. Thanks Bob

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Uneasy ..... my 2001 and 2 of my friends bought 01's and the brakes squeaked LIKE CRAZY on all of our bikes Honda dealer said well this is the first we are hearing about this problem and did NOTHING until we demanded new brake pads and new rotors and almost had to fight with him on the subject, he hated to spend Honda's money. Well needless to say he is behind the parts counter now and there is a new service mgr.

Thank God he's gone.

Tony - Chicagoland 8)

·
Registered
21,094 Posts
easy fix, remove the pads and apply disc brake quiete to tha backside reinstall, problem solved for about $5. worked great for me and available at most auto supply stores.

·
Registered
317 Posts
http://www.sbs.dk/
They have a listing for the 1800. I have used SBS on previous wings, haven't tried them yet on the 1800.
Watch the use of the pad glues, they can glue onto the dust boots and cause rips when removed.

·
Registered
819 Posts
warranty fix they replaced my rear rotor and have not had anymore noise. Anyway ask your service manager if you haven't.

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
I used to have this problem on my first Honda. The disc would get burnished and squeel something aweful. I found that dressing the disc with some coarse sandpaper would shut em up for several hundred miles. The real fix turned out to be cleaning the caliper pivot and lubing it with graphite.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts