GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed this Sena forum so I thought I would try it. Last September 1, 2018, I purchased a new 2018 DCT Tour with the dealer recommended Shoei Neotec II helmets and the Sena SRL headsets. I was told that this was the best way to go to benefit all the features of the bike communication features. Well, I wish it were that way. I didn't really research bluetooth headsets before I made the purchase, so I guess I am at blame some. The biggest problem that we deal with quite often is when riding with other wingers that use CB radios to communicate. I too have a CB and when any other person keys down to talk with someone, it immediately cancels the helmet to helmet connection between my wife and myself. And just as soon as I reach up like I do many times to reconnect, someone keys down again and we off again. Constantly dealing with this issue from week one. And sometimes our helmets will just lose connection while riding the bike and I will have to stop and reconnect them and then move on. Anything that cost that much and is supposed to be the best electronics bluetooth headset around, should in my opinion, perform much better and more consistently. Honda and Sean when contacted offer no real help of any kind. Instead, you get told to bring your bike in to the dealer for inspection, make sure you are connecting it in the right manner (really). Or you get told that it isn't supposed to operate that way in the first place. Why you ask? Because the CB and the helmet to helmet communication share the same bluetooth channel or frequency. These are profiles most likely that I speak of when I talk channels or frequency. But regardless and being serious, why can't someone make a BT set that can use more than one profile at the same time and then maybe people like me wouldn't have to do what I do all the time just so I can
hear my wife when she wants to ask me a question or suggest a stop. Is that too much to ask for?

Big H

·
Registered
252 Posts
Just a suggestion: If you really want to monitor the CB traffic while maintaining solid BT comms with the spouse, consider purchasing a handheld CB transceiver and equipping it with a shoulder mic/speaker. This is the same thing you'll see on any decently equipped LEO these days (they're not using CB but the arrangement is similar). That way you can simply and easily manage to separate the two sources (honey do instructions from the helmet, CB crap from the shoulder) Eventually, you'll reach a point where you realize that you can (should!) get along without the distraction of the CB interfering with your driving, thinking and general sanity. Have wifey manage the CB and report anything important to you. Suggest that your riding buds step up their game to BT and enjoy the ride (it probably won't take, but at least you made the effort ;) Riding is for peace of mind, restoration of soul and to have a good time. CB is a vexation of the spirits.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe I misunderstood this Sena forum. I thought that Sena monitored it and would reply to people who have questions about their products or even issues with some of the products. However, I have yet to get any reply from a Sena tech or representative about my post. About par, based on the past times I have had to contact them for help.

Big H

1 - 3 of 3 Posts