GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has the latest update increased the stability of the connection with Carplay? Is a specific sequence still required to connect? How about reconnection after stopping? Has that improved?

·
Registered
63 Posts
. . . and, I find no difference in CarPlay. Still has some re-connect problems.
I have cut these way down by putting the bike in ACC mode when I stop. All connections remain active. No, I don't leave it on ACC when we go to lunch, but gas, refreshments, bathroom-breaks, and stretch-breaks all are fine on ACC.
Doug

·
Registered
348 Posts
I agree that using ACC when you stop for gas is a good move. Makes getting underway a much quicker affair. Also make sure you use a quality cable. I have long favored Anker cables, but I killed two of them in the matter of weeks on my GW. I noticed the way the cable has to route was putting a lot of stress on both the cable as well as the connection to the phone. I switched to a cable with a 90 degree lightning connector and now it’s rock-solid reliable.

·
Vendor
21,779 Posts
I found that how well CarPlay restarts after a power off/on cycle depends somewhat on the type/brand headset you're using. The old Sena 20's seem to work the best for this. The Cardo Packtalk Bold works about 80% of the time on power off/on cycle. I think it just depends on how quickly the headset establishes the connection to the bike. If the headset connects quickly, then CarPlay restarts just fine, but it if takes an extra few seconds, then you have to unplug and re-plug the phone connection to re-establish CarPlay. I've seen no change to the behaviour with the new July firmware loaded.

·
Registered
18,883 Posts
Using a Sena SRL with no issues 90% of the time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts