GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The IBA's coveted Stadium 1000 and Stadium 1500 BBG rides are returning for a one time engagement. First run at the IBA Big as Texas event in 2015, these two rides are among the most popular rides held at the Big as Texas event. And now, by special arrangement with the IBA (thank you Mr. Kneebone), these two great rides will be taking off once again from Irving, TX as part of the Motorcycle Tourer's Forum Regional SS and BBG rides. The journey will take you on some spectacular roads leading you down into the Big Bend country and back!

If you've been wanting to get your "World's Toughest Riders" license plate backer or have been wanting to knock out your first Bun Burner Gold ride, or you know someone who is, this is a perfect way to do it and help out the MTF as the same time! Join me in Irving on the morning of April 27th and let's "get 'er done".

The sign up page is up on the MTF website. Time to get off the couch!
http://mctourer.com/rides/2019/LD_DallasTX/

·
Administrator
3,715 Posts
Cliff, I remember the Stadium 1000 very well. It was my favorite BAT ride. I remember a CB transmission on the way to Sanderson during which somebody said "Kevin, I have to slow down. I don't think my Tailwind's tires are rated for triple digits!"

Quite a few of our good friends rode that day. I would like to do it again, but many of us will be at my place for a BBQ RTE that weekend.

Good luck, and have fun on either the SS 1000 or the BBG 1500.

Glen

Reactions: cycledude

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Glen. Saw your other post about the Defective Gene Pool RTE. Sorry I didn't get anything up on this forum. I just got busy and didn't get to it. I'll do better next year.

Enjoy your RTE. Hopefully we get a nice group of riders to enjoy the ride just like you did in '15.

Ride safe.

·
Administrator
3,715 Posts
Hey Glen. Saw your other post about the Defective Gene Pool RTE. Sorry I didn't get anything up on this forum. I just got busy and didn't get to it. I'll do better next year.

Enjoy your RTE. Hopefully we get a nice group of riders to enjoy the ride just like you did in '15.

Ride safe.

I always enjoy your Defective Gene Pool RTE. You put on a great show, and I am impressed by the crowds who come so far for BBQ. I realize even as I say that, that many of the same caliber of riders come just as far for BBQ at my RTE. I guess it proves that if you cook it, they will come!

See you next year at Big Rays.

Glen

Reactions: cycledude
1 - 4 of 4 Posts