GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about taking a ride out to Harpers Ferry WV this weekend since it is suppose to be really nice. Anyone every made that ride from Northern Va. and if so.. whats a good route to take... also is there anything to do up there? Good places to eat? And of course.. if anyone would like to ride along your more than welcome.. Its just me and the wife right now.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Ben and Marys Steak House on Rt. 17N just about one mile on the left after you exit the bypass that goes around Warrenton. :coffee1:

·
DSI Keeper
9,159 Posts
If I told you, that you could take I-81 and beeline right up there, that wouldn't help much, would it? :joke:

You didn't say how long of a ride you were planning on taking, but for a day ride, I would just take the Skyline to Front Royal and then US340 to Harpers Ferry. If you haven't been there, it is a real pretty town, with lots of history, and lots to see.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah... 81 wouldnt be much fun.. but the mountains sound fun or at least more fun than the way map quest tells you to go... we are just doing a day ride... But this sounds like the way to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts