GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is the stallion by throughbred-motorsports a motorcycle?
i went to there web site and i can't find any info on the stallion trike
is it a goldwing or a hybred. it has a ford engine but it is the center fold in wing world. i am guessing its about 40.000 dollars. theres not a hole lot of info in wing world. it looks great . does anyone have any info?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Be sure you see one in person before you buy one. There is one here in Henderson, NV. I liked the pictures much better.

I was pretty impressed when I saw the pictures. Lost that impression when I saw one.

Also, wasn't impressed with the wires and wire splices hanging down in the back of the trike.

Very plain looking. JMHO...

To answer your question. It is a completely new design by, I think Motor Trike. Could be wrong about the manufacturer. Whoever makes it, spun off a new company to make and sell them.

John

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
They had a couple at Wing Ding. Look great from a distance. Up close the fit and finish is seriously lacking.

Arn Butt has a friend who has had one on order for months and months and months.

Ford motor and drivetrain, AC and Heat vents and Automatic. I heard about 30 thousand.

Great idea for probably a lot of folks. Hope they get their act together.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Mikey was supposed to get his in July.
Then October.
Now spring.

150 HP 2L Ford engine, should haul-butt. Light body and big fuel tank --- should go almost 500 miles on a tank...

It's not for tall people though. And you have to sit with your legs APART.

It'll get you some attention at fill-ups though. Very unique. I like the way it looks.

signed, George Jetson.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts

Is this it? Tim

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Yup; that's it.
And here's Mikey posing with one of them as they tell him, "No, not yet, Mikey... ...go home now."

Couldn't you just see Elroy, Jane, Judy, & Astro climbing out of that crazy thing?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
shuckaduck said:

Is this it? Tim
yep thats it. it looks better in wing world. has any one test drpve one yet?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Haven't rode one yet but I sat in one, saw it nude (no skin) and looked at everything real close. NO, I repeat...NO motorcycle, it is a three wheel car, no way shape or form does it have any motorcycle characteristics. You sit in it, you steer it with a wheel and it made from car parts not motorcycle so how can it be titled as a motorcycle?

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Here is what I know and think. One they are a bitch to get into and out of and that is a fact. I know 3 different people that have rode them and that is the #1 complaint. Now for what I think: Where is the hot engine heat going to go? There is very little venting that I could see when looking at them in person. I think you would cook inside one of them in hot summer traffic. Yes, there is only ONE air conditioner vent at your belly level and that is not enough to keep you cool.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts