GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been without a trike about 2 years now and am considering buying another one. What is everyone impression of the stallion, especially if you own one or have ridden one.

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
I've look at a few at some dealers across the country, look cool, but I don't think I would like one..about as far away from a motorcycle as one can get. Closer to a convertible than any trike I've seen...plus the dealer network may be slim...service and warranty work etc....

I think I'd stay with a trike...but that's me.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Been following them ,as they have a shop here in daytona.Have test ridden them twice .Once when they first came out,then this last oct..Not for me,fun to DRIVE on short trips,hard to get in and out.They now have a cb and intercom out.All ford dealers can now work on them.I think it will end up a 3 wheel car.All it needs is a top....:wrong:

·
Registered
999 Posts
Not me........ If I was starting from scratch, I'd have the stallion.

Cheaper than a trike and looks like it would be more comfortable on really long trips. Bigger trunk, and a fast, powerful reverse.

Love the goldwing, but I think I could love the stallion too.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have followed their progress and they are interesting, but I don't think it would be for me. They look awkward and uncomfortable as well as hard to get into. I still like the trike and as an alternative, I would prefer a convertible as in a Mustang or an other Corvette.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Several days ago, I rode with a group and one of the couples had a Stallion. I looked at it closely. He also raised the hood. It appeared to be built like Motor Trike builds their trikes...strong. He said it drove and handled well, but the heater and a/c were of little use at 60 mph. He gets 43-48 mpg. He certainly had no trouble keeping up with us. His wife said it is windy in back and she was uncomfortable, as it was chilly that morning. Equipted, it came in at $34,000 plus tax. I watched as he got out of it. I would have problem getting in and out, but that is just me and my bum leg. Very nice paint job.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the replies. I looked at one at wingding in Nashville and it looked like it would be hard to get in and out of. Haven't saw one out and about. Guess I will stay with a trike, CSC maybe. Guess I will start looking seriously.

I

·
0 Posts
Have been without a trike about 2 years now and am considering buying another one. What is everyone impression of the stallion, especially if you own one or have ridden one.
IMHO it is not a motorcycle in any sense of the word. It is a 3 wheel automobile.

That said, if it works for you, go for it. Looks nicely made.

·
Registered
75 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
price on stallion is now 31,995 then dealer fee[total ripoff] taxes and any small extras.I think 36k is in the ball park.
wind screen ,seems to help passenger and makes a nice place to put the
goldwing trike decal.:biker:

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Dealer fee?? Leeman9, what is this? I always thought the retail price of an item included dealer markup?? Wind screen....is this an option that fits in front of the passenger? The one I saw only had a windshield for the driver. Wow, it seems prices sure vary quite a bit.

·
Registered
402 Posts
here in fl. dealers[ not all but most]... car and bike add cost of paper work on top of everything else, new car runs from 400 to 800 new bike 400 to 600 .same stuff that used to be no visible charge.does vary by city, this is in daytona.most new dealers and some used dealers do it.
Windscreen goes behind backrest look close
the price for stallion is what I got from their shop on beach st, in dec.08

·
Registered
17 Posts
Stallion info for every one, Now the $29,995 price was increased June 23, 2008 to $32,995. Now the dealer prep price includes destination charges to get stallion to dealer. Every Stallion is equipped the same there is no such thing as a loaded or striped from the manufacture. And starting Dec 1, 2008 warranty and maintenance can be performed at any of the 4100 FORD dealers in the US, thats more than Honda & Harley Combined. If anyone has Stallion questions I can answer them for you.

Frank

·
Registered
402 Posts
Stallion info for every one, Now the $29,995 price was increased June 23, 2008 to $32,995. Now the dealer prep price includes destination charges to get stallion to dealer. Every Stallion is equipped the same there is no such thing as a loaded or striped from the manufacture. And starting Dec 1, 2008 warranty and maintenance can be performed at any of the 4100 FORD dealers in the US, thats more than Honda & Harley Combined. If anyone has Stallion questions I can answer them for you.

Frank

in florida the
the dealer prep price DOES NOT includes destination charges also is there not a extra $ for some paint schemes

·
Registered
14 Posts
I saw one over in PA where a customer pulled the mirror off trying to get out of it. For my money they are too low, too uncomfortable, and too expensive. I would not like my head and body at the same level as a truck's tire. One question I haven't seen asked is what do you do in a heavy rainstorm? Bail it out with your helmet or is there an optional bilge pump? This thing would never be anything I'ld be interested in - for $33K you can get a nice trike. Good luck to those that buy them. It will be real interesting to see what the resale value will be. I always remind myself that people bought Yugos.

·
Registered
17 Posts
There are drain holes for the water. There are 6 colors to chose from at no extra charge. Now if you want a color that is not in the production colors (custom paint) yes there is more $$$$ involved. I can save you some money over the FL store, I have 3 in stock at this time.

Frank

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
. I would not like my head and body at the same level as a truck's tire.

Do you honestly think the few inches that a Trike or bike gives you in height will make any difference :?! Have you ever been behind one of those things when they went??? It is like a grenade went off and tire parts go every where :shock:. I have seen several , not a pretty sight, and will increase the pucker factor at any distance!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts