GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone having the same problem I'm having on first roll after starting the engine? My last GW, a 2005, would lag when twisting the throttle for the first time after starting the bike. It happened every start for 4-1/2 years. Now I have a 2012 and it does the same thing. It's only on the first roll after starting the engine no matter how long I let it warm up. I can stop 50 feet later, and it never happens again until the bike has cooled down and I restart it.

J.D.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
yes

I'm not sure that mine is as consistent as your's, but it seems that everytime I leave my drive at home, I need to be aware of it on the sharp right I make. I haven't noticed it anywhere else, but it might be that the turn makes it more critical on cold start.

Richard

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
My '01 does it once and a while.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
you just forget how much power yhe wing has and easch time you get on it reminds you.

Dan L

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only thing I worry about is it feels like it wants to stall. Its a really wired feeling, particularly if you're in a turn...

J.D.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
In the last 6 months or so mine has started doing the same thing intermittently but usually only once on the ride and usually very soon after the start of the ride. It is a definite hestiation when I turn the throttle and it is always at a slow speed. I thought I had it whipped by adding some Seafoam to the gas, it didnt do it for a while but now its back. I will try some other fuel additive...I think it has something to do with this dang ethynol..but thats only a guess.

·
Registered
388 Posts
My 2010 is a little balky when it's cold so I usually let it idle in the driveway a minute or so before riding off and that seems to help a lot. Within a quarter mile it's perfectly normal and ready for anything.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts