GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bike is a 2004 - has 50100 miles - runs great, however, once in a while the starter motor will run when the key is turned to the off position. when I turn it to the on position the engine starts back up.
I don't know enough about the electrical system to diagnose the problem.
Any help??

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,603 Posts
You can also pull fuse #12, it will kill the starter until you need to start it again unless the "B" relay is also welded.

By the way, the "A" relays are on backorder nation wide. 2 "B"s will work just fine. The "B" has a white connector instead of the "A"s red one.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
relays on back order

You are correct, the relays are on back order. My Honda dealer says the part number is 39796-mca-000. Does anyone know where I can find one or two? I will do used ones if in working order until the back order is resolved.

Thanks to all for the great response.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
You can also pull fuse #12, it will kill the starter until you need to start it again unless the "B" relay is also welded.

By the way, the "A" relays are on backorder nation wide. 2 "B"s will work just fine. The "B" has a white connector instead of the "A"s red one.

Show him how to wire past relay A. I know how but you can explain it better, I can do it, but not explain it.

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,603 Posts
You are correct, the relays are on back order. My Honda dealer says the part number is 39796-mca-000. Does anyone know where I can find one or two? I will do used ones if in working order until the back order is resolved.

Thanks to all for the great response.
Hey, your dealer looked up the wrong part or at least that's the wrong number for the starter relays. Here is the correct numbers for both.

"B" relay SW, STARTER MAGNETIC
35850-MCA-701 $17.15

"A" relay SW, STARTER MAGNETIC
35860-MCA-701 $17.08

The "A" number was the one back ordered about a week ago, but you can put 2 "B"s in it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys - ordered them from the board sponsor - They are no longer on back order. Thanks again, I will have them in a week or so.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts