GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody around Paducah Ky have of starter switches have a friend from Colorado broke down in Marion,Ill that needs them?

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If someone between Knoxville,tn and there has some I can pick them up and take them to to him.

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
529 Posts
Possibly....If the starter is not turning over...smack it a little to see if it frozen or stuck. Mine did that a while back.

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess you're talking about the starter relays then.

Have him tap on them with a screwdriver handle rather hard and see if it fixes them until he can get them replaced. Sometimes they just get frozen, or welded contacts, and rapping on them may fix them.
He has been dealing with this problem sence Ocala Fl. They were sticking on and keeping the starter motor running now they just click. He jumped across the posts and the starter works so he is just going to do the jumper wires thing to get home. Thanks for everyone trying to help:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
935 Posts
push start

Second gear and pull in on clutch. 10 feet and let the clutch out and it will fire right up. My Dad has been having gremlins with his starter for over a year and Honda can't find the problem. Starter won't engage, but radio, lights everything else works, next time he tries to start the wing it works fine.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
They were sticking on and keeping the starter motor running now they just click. Jumped across the posts and the starter works Thanks for everyone trying to help:thumbup::thumbup:
The same thing just happened to me the other day and i'm waiting on the Relays to get here.
I was planning on going to the DS Spring Ride In & the Tn lunch Run but I guess thats not happening now :cry:
Thanks to Wimpy for helping me with the problem last week. :bow:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts