GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have not had much luck with the weather so far this year. Two weeks ago we had a Sat ride planed and it rained. We did get together later in the day and went for a ride. Steve and I stopped at Dillion Brothers and we both bought new bikes. I got a black 2012 Victory Cross Country Tour and Steve got a black Honda F6 wing. We plan to ride this Sat meet at Casey's NW 48th and Hyw 34 at 8:00 AM leave at 8:30 AM. Hope weather lets up for a change. I rode today and got hit by heil the only one that really hurt was the one that hit my upper lip. Ouch! :coffee1:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
We have not had much luck with the weather so far this year. Two weeks ago we had a Sat ride planed and it rained. We did get together later in the day and went for a ride. Steve and I stopped at Dillion Brothers and we both bought new bikes. I got a black 2012 Victory Cross Country Tour and Steve got a black Honda F6 wing. We plan to ride this Sat meet at Casey's NW 48th and Hyw 34 at 8:00 AM leave at 8:30 AM. Hope weather lets up for a change. I rode today and got hit by heil the only one that really hurt was the one that hit my upper lip. Ouch! :coffee1:
Did you keep the trike?

I cannot ride this weekend due to having a yard sale :?
If any of you want to take my place so I can ride are MORE THAN WELCOME too due so :lol:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have both for now

Yes I still have the trike and I still like it but my knees hurt every time I ride it. Don't have that problem with the Victory. It's a great handling bike does not have the power of the wing but must bikes don't. I have a CB coming for it so will have to put it in. ;) :coffee1:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Did you keep the trike?

I cannot ride this weekend due to having a yard sale :?
If any of you want to take my place so I can ride are MORE THAN WELCOME too due so :lol:

How much did your yard go for?? ' curious minds need too know.':?::?:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Didn't get a message for last Sat.

I got up Sat morning looked out lots of clouds but no rain so I called Dave he said he was going back to bed as it's suppose to rain all day. I hung around the house for an hour or so looked at the weather channel looked like the rain was all headed east and south of us and it was clear west and north of us. So I got the bike out an went for a solo ride. I rode north than worked my way east and did the river run. Stopped in Louisville, NE. As I was leaving a lite rain started I took Hyw 66 west and rode out of it at Ashland, NE rode wast on Ashland RD to 77 than south on 77 to Davey RD west to 14th ST south to Raymond RD than west to do the Lake run.

Sunday Fathers day my sons and I went out to eat at noon, than Mark on his HD Nighttrain and I on Victory XCT did the river run again. He had to go home after that and I did the lake run again. So I put 148 miles on Sat and almost the same Sunday. It was fun to ride that much with out the knee pain. Looking forward to doing some longer rides this summer.

Hope we finally get some better weather next Sat. The last two have been a wash out for most of us.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
6-22-13 Ride

Finally got message that there will be a ride this sat. meet at Casey's NW48th St. and Hyw 34 at 8:00 AM leave at 8:30 AM. Hope to see you there. :clap2::clap2: :coffee1:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
No, we mostly communicate I'Ming via cell phone's.
I see you live in Columbus, however sometime you should try to make an attempt to come to Lincoln some Saturday, kickstands are usually up at 8:00am, we meet at Casey's on nw48th and hwy34.
Sometimes we have as many as 12 bikes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts