GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been riding a friends 02gl1800 trike w/csc been thinking of buying a gl1800 problem is my in seam is only like 28.5" and is a gl1800 a good bike to start out with

·
Registered
86 Posts
my inseam is 28 and my 1800 is the lowest seat height of the many bikes i have owned, reach to the ground is not a problem. if start out with means you have never owned a motorcycle,yes it would be easier with a smaller, lighter bike, but after saying that the goldwing is not a hard bike to ride just be aware of the size and weight and go easy til you feel comfortable. having ridden the friends trike should be a big help. don't forget to put your feet down when you switch!!! if you have virtually no riding experience i would recommend taking the basic rider course.

·
Registered
82 Posts
been riding a friends 02gl1800 trike w/csc been thinking of buying a gl1800 problem is my in seam is only like 28.5" and is a gl1800 a good bike to start out with
What is your riding background ? Th e GL 1800 was the First bike that owned myself . I have been riding one for the last five years. No problems here. I did take a refresher course because I had not been on a motorcycle in 25 years ! That happens when you have kids . ;)

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Oh what the hell, you only live once.....You will be on your tippy toes though at lights and parking lots.....Some mods will be needed to make you feel comfy......

Or trike it like I did and don't worry about it...;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
guys
thanks for the reply's guy's haven't rode two wheels in awhile but did go true the rider's course to refresh the only thing was really worried about was just the hight of the bike when stopping and etc i've seen where some ppl talk about customizing their seat's to lower them and etc didn't want to lower bike because going to have better half ride at some point

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
I have a 27 in inseam and have no problems with the Wing. I rode with the stock seat for a few months then had a Wingsoft small done to lower the seat a bit it worked well or 20K then just wasn't comfortable. I then went to a Tom Simmons wwwtscustomseats.com and had it lowered a bit more. Still can't quite flat foot it but have no problems at all and most of my riding is 2 up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts