GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put on the General G-max 195/55-16. My first few laps around the block were at 39-40 psi.
Do Y'all reccomend something different. I'm big 300ish #s, it's HOT here in Texas, gonna be 1 up til I get used to it. TIA

·
Registered
111 Posts
Psi

Boomer,

I just compaired sidewalls of my new unmounted G Max with the Falken that was pulled off a few weeks ago.

There is a post with a report of a DS Rider running 44 PSI in his G Max, when I mount mine next week, that is what I am gonna start with myself. I weigh in at 260 myself and keep a few items in the bags at all times, the old tire Had to have 44-44.5 PSI or the sidewall would give in a curve :x

The worn-out Falken is about a year old so the sidewall is probably a little stiffer than a new one, but according to the comparison a few minets ago, I do beleave that the G Max sidewall is even thinner than the Falken.

However, as stated in most replys concerning Tire Pressure, riding style is a Major factor. It will be very interesting to keep with all of our reports coming in as it seems several have ordered these tires recently.:excited:

Safe riding, FB

·
Registered
441 Posts
I've been running 45psi and like the ride and handling so far.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, FarmerBrown and LeeD, I'll go up a little at a time. I just didn't know whether to start off going up or down.
:thumbup:

·
Registered
111 Posts
welcome

Boomer your welcome, hope you are getting to put some miles on that new tire!

I have that new Bridgestone MT on mine and it's really rough after running that Falken, which was my first CT. Can hardly wait till next week when I mount the GMax, a H-D indy guy mounts and balance's mine for $30, but I have to take it off and carry it too him.

I don't think Garland is very far from Hatfield/Mena area, have you ever ran the Talimena Skyway? Stay cool, FB

·
Registered
973 Posts
f6boomer,

With that tire and at your at your size I would start at 34PSI. Add 6PSI for a 150lb passenger.
MM

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
I haven't mounted mine yet, but when I do I will start at 44psi.:thumbup:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks FB, I bumped it to 44psi for the commute today, it felt much better.

Yes I've done Talimena several times. Last time I was on it riding at dusk, I was on the lookout for deer when I was surprised to see a 250-300# black bear just off the side of the road. Pretty cool. We did NOT stop to take pics w/ Yogi ! :22yikes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts