GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the Wing out for a 75 mile ride today. That may not be a big deal to some of you but to a guy in Central Wisconsin thats a rare treat. Hope thats a sign of what the rest of the year will be.

·
Registered
212 Posts
:D Good deal Ken! Any time out on em is great especially that far North. We had 40's & rain south of Indy-sorta nasty here.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Hey ken you trying to make us look bad or what.

I thought about the same thing but just could not decide to wake her up from her nap.

Maybe Wed or Thurs have you seen the forecast? It is suppossed to be great.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Nice ride today

I decided this morning to head out to Bossier, La to meet up with a bunch of Goldwingers for a New Years Day ride, this is about 250 miles from my home. I made it about 150 miles before I gave up. It was 37 degrees this morning when I left. I was unable to use the heated grips and seat since I am using a Wingsoft demo seat the heated stuff is not working at the moment. After about 3 hours it was still only 41 degrees and I was really starting to get cold. I decided to return home as fast as I could. I got about 300 miles in today and it took me about and additional 3 hours to thaw out after I got home :roll: . I really like the Wingsoft seat, still need for the SO to try her seat out but the weather hasnt been warm enough for her to ride for very long.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Ken:

Same thing for me. Just could not walk past the wing another time yesterday. Went from Stevens Point to Appleton just for lunch. 125 mile round trip. Only ran accross one other bike. Two up on an HD in Appleton.
MID 30's most of the trip.

·
Registered
21,136 Posts
dang u guys are lucky !

havn't riden since December 17th, plenty of decent weather but there's just been to much ice and snow on the roads around here, i hope to get out sometime this week for a nice January ride

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
Our 6th annual New Years day Ride was nice... 60 degrees.. sunny..
8 bikes with 11 riders made it... lunch was great as well as hot coco & beignets afterward..

cosmic

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
75 MILES

i got 75 miles in sat the 30th and being a northerner i felT lucky,OLE YELLER MBG PA

1 - 9 of 9 Posts