GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the Static Strip on their bike?
www.candcproductsinc.com/index.php?act= ... oductId=80

A friend of mine has one on his white 04. He said that it works keeping the dust down to a manageable level. Figured it couldn't hurt to try on my black bike. It is only $11.00

Black is the fastest- the fastest at getting dirty. This is my second black wing. It is a chore to keep it clean, but that is the price I pay for having the prettiest bike :wink:

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I don't about Black being the hardest to keep clean. When we got our 05 may wife got to pick the color and she picked White and I thought oh well it would be easy to keep clean, well I never knew a bike created so much tire dust and brake dust but I bought a California Duster for the dash just so I could kinda wipe it down every day after we ride. :?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I see those on gas trucks and natural gas company trucks. I can't see that they would help much on a bike since the side-stand or center-stand will always make a direct connection to ground when parked. I guess it would be worth a try for $12. I liked this line in the ad "Now comes in two lengths: 12" for all motorcycles and 18" for all other applications." I hate to tell them but 18" is not long enough when bolted to the frame of my Jeep. I would have to bolt it to one of my axles. :D

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Ran one on my 1500 and did not see any noticable difference. Black is just difficult to keep dust free. I use the Califiornia duster for quick touchup and 3M static free cleaning cloths all other times. Works better than the strip.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Creating a path to ground can't hurt, especially in an electrical storm...
I'd be interested if your cb output improved.
Groundstraps are very common in many vehicle applications; I'll contact my safety director (expert in this field) and see what he thinks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts