GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lamont got this new board up and running exactly one month ago. In that time there have been a few complaints that this board doesn't do what the old board does and that the number of posts was declining. I have even admitted that I liked the look of the old board better.

If you take the time to look at the bottom of the front message board page you will see some statistics. I think those numbers tell the whole story of how this board is working. They blow the old board away.

In one months time:

7,881 message posts have been made (thats over 260 per day) and 1,214 people have taken the time to sign up to use the new board.

Once again, I would like to thank Lamont for having the ability to implement this new board and make it run faster than any other board I have seen.

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
I feel the new board ROCKS over the old one. The ability to put a face with the name, the speed, format, and information available is priceless.

Great Job, Lamont.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
My thanks, too.

Even with high-speed cable, the old board would be agonizingly slow at times ... I can't imagine what it must have been for folks with slower modem hookups. This board is as close to instantaneous as I've ever seen - what we in the quality business would call a best practice. I, too, wish to convey my heartfelt thanks to both Lamont for lending his expertise to this project, and to Hal who foots the bill for the whole thing. May your tribe increase! Merry Christmas to both of you and I trust your New Year will be rewarding and prosperous.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
As with most things, we complain about change, but after awhile we begin to like the newer version better.

I do like the newer version better. :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
old vs. new

I think the new board/format is great. Only took a couple of sign-ins to get used to it. :flg:

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Hal @ Honda Direct Line said:
If you take the time to look at the bottom of the front message board page you will see some statistics. I think those numbers tell the whole story of how this board is working. They blow the old board away.

In one months time:

7,881 message posts have been made (thats over 260 per day) and 1,214 people have taken the time to sign up to use the new board.
If Bulldog and Red didn't have so much time on their hands, the numbers would be considerably smaller :D

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Granpa,

Somebody has got to keep this board in line....LOL

This board is hands down, a major improvement over the archaic old board.

I honestly believe, that if this board did not exist, I would not belong to any GL 1800 board.

(so Hal, don't forget to pay the light bill)

Bulldog

1 - 7 of 7 Posts