GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honda Motor Co. Ltd. worldwide sales of motorcycles and ATVs for the nine-month period ended Dec. 31, 2008, totaled 8.11 million units, up 16.7 percent from 6.95 million units during the same nine-month period in 2007.

Motorcycle sales during the recently ended period accounted for 7.98 million units, up from 6.78 million units in the prior year period; ATVs accounted for about 130,000 units, down from about 170,000 units in the prior year period. The motorcycle sales increase was due mainly to increased unit sales in India, Vietnam and Brazil. Sales decreased in North America, Europe and Japan.

In North America, the company sold 248,000 units, down from 303,000 units. Motorcycles accounted for 143,000 units, down from 157,000 units; ATVs accounted for 105,000 units, down from 146,000 units.

For the full year ending March 31, Honda expects worldwide sales to total 10.175 million units, up 855,000 units from sales in the previous fiscal year.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Sounds like money is tighter here than over seas!

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
As Mark Twain once said... there are lies, damn lies, and statistics :lol:

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Interesting stats Hal... Motorcycle slump in the US is understandable and with a couple of exceptions is across the board.. IMO the "craze" of the 40 somethings are done with.. (I credit that to the movie "Wild Hogs" making people realize how douchy they are..):oops:

The ATV market is tanking here??? I wonder if it's overall or just Honda losing substantial market share??

Sounds like money is tighter here than over seas!
No, people are overextended with credit here now..

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Silly question - but aren't the bulk of "overseas" sales... very much smaller bikes? I wonder if scooter sales are included in the term "motorcycle". Of all the years I spent in Europe, the Orient, etc. I didn't see many "large" motorcycles. I didn't even see many "medium" motorcycles.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
It tells me that those countries that use motor cycles for daily commutes and fuel savings are the ones registering the increase in sales. We , as a country, still want to drive our SUVs and full sized all wheel drive fat ass trucks (duallies?) to the store to buy a roll or toilet paper.:wrong:

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
They are talking units. That could be the honda 50cc and up. It is certainly not goldwings

1 - 8 of 8 Posts