GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have a 100% of the time hot wire to your trailer plug, for such as the interior light in your trailer. Take another trailer side plug, locate the (100%)12VDC+ and Ground, make an adapter harness from the charger to the bike plug. Note: This is a fused circuit so you cannot run anything larger than a low output battery charger/maintainer. It is nice not having an extra cord hanging or hidden on the bike.:thumbup:

Regards,

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Battery Maintenance Connection

I came up with a similar solution. I first installed a cigarette lighter socket kit from EC in the inner trunk lid using the always hot battery connection. I normally use this socket to charge a cell phone, GPS or MP3 player. My battery maintainer came with a cigarette lighter plug attachment as well as the typical alligator clips. I just plug that into the socket in the trunk and carefully lower the trunk lid onto the charger wire.

If the battery maintainer didn't come with a lighter plug, it is easy to buy one really cheap at Radio Shack or an auto parts store and rig it up to the maintainer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts