1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,054 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Union Pacific #4014 at St. Paul MN Union Depot earlier today:

Cycledude---Big thanks for the reminder! Looked at the schedule last nite and it was only 50 mi away! May try to catch it rolling North toward Duluth on Saturday as well. Running on recycled motor oil, 20 gallons/mile!

(Pic attached)

Enjoy!

Attachments

Reactions: 2wheeldad

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Next Tuesday it will be stopping in Altoona wi which is just east of Eau Claire . If I understand it right It’s supposed to be parked there for about 3 hours and for 2 of those hours they will be giving tours.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tomorrow-Tuesday is the big day for the steam train in Altoona, 1-5 pm, hopefully some of you get to attend.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
ED2529F2-DD40-4D31-A1F7-3DD50FC81BCC.jpeg

Went for a little run yesterday, and stopped at the zoo in Altoona. Saw 3 wings stuck in traffic on a bridge at 2pm ish as I was heading for home. Didn’t think that there would that big of a turn out to it. Didn’t try to do the tour through the exhibit, the line went on for 2 city blocks.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I am a BIG train nut!
I intend to be in Rochelle, IL at the Rochelle Train Park on the 30th to see the Big Boy arrive and then I'm going to jump on my Wing and head west on I-88 and US 30 to Clinton, IA to watch it arrive there. Whoo-Whoo!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts