GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When for a ride today as you do you think of strange things i was looking in the ignition area when i saw the steering lock writing i have had my 03 for 11 years now and i cant remember ever using it once on this bike

You guys use it much i mean the steering lock :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
If I ever used it six times I would be surprised ! Hate getting on bike, helmet in place and engine started; then reach for the handlebars and locked !

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
If I ever used it six times I would be surprised ! Hate getting on bike, helmet in place and engine started; then reach for the handlebars and locked !
You can't have the handle bars locked and the engine started at the same time.

·
Registered
5,901 Posts
When for a ride today as you do you think of strange things i was looking in the ignition area when i saw the steering lock writing i have had my 03 for 11 years now and i cant remember ever using it once on this bike

You guys use it much i mean the steering lock :thumbup:
Every time I put my bike away after a ride

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Only when the bike is left unattended at night while in a motel.
I use reverse and the lock.
If you want it, you have to pick it up.

·
Registered
5,259 Posts

·
IronMan
17,461 Posts
:agree::agree:

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Lock? Did you say lock? What lock? Dem things got locks? Well I never!

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Lock Bike

Depends on the neighborhood and the "natives."

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
Every time I get off the bike. Same with car or house. All doors. All windows. I lock everything. Can you say "OCD"?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Yep, that's what I do in the motels and restaurants with large parking lots. If there is a chance I will not be able to see my bike for an extended period of time, I put it in reverse and lock the bars. Like George said, I want to make them work for it.

Chief

·
Registered
122 Posts
Always. When I park at home I engage reverse right before shut down.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Lock? Did you say lock? What lock? Dem things got locks? Well I never!
:agree:

Why lock it? Goldwings may be one of the least stolen bikes out there. I worry more about the stuff on the farkle shelf, but i have never had anything taken off the bike either. I know, I know, someday I wlll pay the price, as I am sure several will tell me. :roll:

·
Registered
5,617 Posts

Hmmmmmmmm reverse also............. Ahhhh shi# great idea........ never thought of reverse also...
Thanks for the "thought" (idea) ;);)

Ronnie

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yep, that's what I do in the motels and restaurants with large parking lots. If there is a chance I will not be able to see my bike for an extended period of time, I put it in reverse and lock the bars. Like George said, I want to make them work for it.

Chief[/QUOTE

Same here.....also in my garage. If I'm leaving town. I had an '81 1100 stolen, thieves stuck something in the forks and broke the steering lock with the leverage. Then they pushed it to a hiding spot; police found it same day.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Will user reverse when on vacation, used the lock maybe 5 times when I first bought the bike. But havent used it for years now.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts