GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:shrug: Ok the force has a pulling affect. I am about to step over but have a question on the choice of front tires. Some Radial and some Bias, ? why a Bias tire and why backwards.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
:shrug: Ok the force has a pulling affect. I am about to step over but have a question on the choice of front tires. Some Radial and some Bias, ? why a Bias tire and why backwards.
Maybe this will help you a bit Lots of slab riding Bias rear MT will work just great. But if you like to run the mountains pretty hard and do lots of twistys you are better off with the Radial front tire it will work better and wear pretty even. The Bias doesn't do so well in the mountains as you will tear up the sides pretty fast :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Running a rear tire backwards on the front is due to the different direction of the forces exerted on a tire when it is on the front versus on the rear. The rear has most of its force exerted when accelerating. The front when stopping. The casing joint of the tire is oriented in a way so that these forces will not force the seam open.

You will find that there are tires that have front and rear OEM fitments and they will have two directional arrows. One for front tire mount and one for the rear tire mount. The two arrows are pointing in opposite direction. Clear as mud? :lol:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I can can feel the force, for give me OBI WAN:bow:, Pulled my wheels off last night, mounted and installed this morning first ride was into to work, WOW :yes1: :yes1: why I didn't do this years ago I should be run over by a Harley. Thanks for all the good reading I'm here.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Ok I can can feel the force, for give me OBI WAN:bow:, Pulled my wheels off last night, mounted and installed this morning first ride was into to work, WOW :yes1: :yes1: why I didn't do this years ago I should be run over by a Harley. Thanks for all the good reading I'm here.
Congratulations, welcome to the Darkside.

Oh, i can help you out with that getting run over by a Harley.:thumbup::joke: :trike:

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
:congrats: WELCOME TO THE DARKSIDE!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts