GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I purchase all the parts (speakers and amp), I would like to check with you guys....
Are those still the best choice:

• front speakers = Polk db 501
  • rear speakers = Polk db 652
Any suggestion for an amp that can run those speakers successfully? Suggestion for the amp location?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
95 Posts
The polks are nice but PRV is much better and the cost is less. Amps I would suggest Sound digital it’s a very nice amp and the price is right. No modifications required with the PRV’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
95 Posts
The polks are nice but PRV is much better and the cost is less. Amps I would suggest Sound digital it’s a very nice amp and the price is right. No modifications required with the PRV’s.

·
Registered
4,866 Posts

What are PRV's

·
Registered
505 Posts
I have been satisfied with everything I bought for both Goldwings I’ve owned, from J&M audio. If I ever had the desire or need or $ to upgrade, I’d look at theirs .

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A friend (experienced Wing rider) told me that there's a space behind the license plate that was used for a factory amp on older Wings and is now an empty space on 2012+ Wings...and it might be a good place for an aftermarket amp. Anybody used that space for an amp?

·
Registered
81 Posts

What model PRV fits the 2006 Goldwing??

·
Registered
95 Posts
The 5” (5MR450-NYD4)will fit up front and the 4”(4MR60-4)inch in the rear

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any suggestions for an amp? At one post I saw a suggestion - Sony XM-4S amp. Looks like it fits into trunk just fine (see photo). Any experience with that amp?

Any other suggestion?

·
Registered
618 Posts
I had a Alpine F-250 in right saddle bag that has worked well for 10 years. I sure Alpine probably has newer model number now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts