GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got caught in a horrendous thunderstorm tonight and my bike developed an interesting audio issue. I was stopped at a red light listening to the stereo through my headset when the volume starting going up and down and up and down. I switched over to the fairing speakers and everything was fine. I guess I got water in a headset connector but it's something I've never experienced. Anyone else have this happen to them?

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
I don't have any direct experience with this on a wing, but have noticed it before on other vehicles. It sounds to me like the electrical power feeding the radio system is being pulsated. Since your bike is an 08, I would not immediately suspect battery or alternator. but would check ground first. Then I'd probably spray some electrical contact cleaner into locations where any connections are made (plugs) between the helmet speakers and the bike. Hopefully someone else here has more direct experience. BTW, I have driven for hours in down pours and never affected headsets or dash speakers.

Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts