GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Vendor
22,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I sat and visited with Steve this afternoon for about an hour and a half. I was pretty quiet as Steve did most of the talking (imagine that!)

He seems to be in good spirits and has a great attitude, and I think he will come through all this fine.

We discussed the accident and how the Lord protected him and pulled him through. I am convinced that he had divine intervention. Had he not been airlifted to the hospital, he very likely might not have survived due to the internal bleeding, and a prompt response surely saved his life.

The extended cab pickup truck that hit him (estimated speed of both vehicles was around 60mph) was totaled, if that tells you anything about the force of the impact. The driver of the truck didn't make a corner and veered into Steve's lane and hit him, Steve had no time to react.

Steve wanted me to tell everyone thanks for the prayers, as they are helping. He still has a long recovery in front of him as well as more surgeries, but I think he is over the worst part. Please continue to keep him in your prayers.

He told me that I could post the photos of his bike, so here they are. Let this be a reminder to all that you can be taken out at any time and why you need to have a right relationship with God.

Sweet Thang has rolled down it's last highway

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Thanks for the update Fred. Steve, our hearts and prayers remain with you during this difficult time!!!

That has to be some of the worst Wing damage I have seen :x

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
He definitely had an angel on his back seat when that accident happened. I'll keep him and his family in my prayers.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Thanks for the update Fred. I agree about diving intervention especially when you look at the pictures. I get mixed emotions when I look at pictures of a bike that has been wrecked. My first reaction of to re-think of why I ride and then a prayer that I will be allowed to do so in a safe manner and the unadvoidable won't jump up and bite me in the butt.. Thank God that Steve is going to recover and get on with his life. :D

·
Registered
16,972 Posts
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeee- gadssssssss!

Thanks for the update, Fred. You are right on about about having your peace and understanding with God, no matter what your endeavor to do.

Best wishes and prayers, Steve!

prs

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Steve's clean living prior to the accident must have paid off.

Your Guardian Angel rode the whole way with you and is still by your side.

Your experience, is very humbling to me.

God's speed for a full recovery and a safe return to our fold.

Bulldog & Meesh

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Wow! Glad you're mending fine, Steve. I'm wishing you a quick recovery.

BTW, I've heard that Honda is looking at your bike, and thinking maybe they should mount the engine sideways like they do in FWD cars. :wink:

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Not much more to be said other than we love you guys and want God's best for you. Sometimes it seems God is taking a vacation somewhere, but the Bible clearly says he neither slumbers nor sleeps. He was on the job in this accident.

Steve, we trust you will have a complete recovery and that you won't drive Annette too crazy with being down for awhile.

Fred, thanks for being the true friend that you are and in your efforts to keep us all up-to-date on Steve's recovery. You show the really good side of what being a Christian is all about.

Mesquite Bob

·
Registered
242 Posts
Wow, an Angel was on his shoulder that day Steve seems a real gentleman I wish him a speedy recovery, home is the best place for him to be. Dave

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
My continuing prayers are with you Steve!

·
Registered
19,219 Posts
i am glad he is going to make it-God Bless

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
:eek:4: :22yikes: :eek:4: :22yikes:

Steve,
Glad to hear you are on the mend! I agree that the Lord was watching over you.
You are in my prayers.

Andy

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Continued good thoughts for a quick and complete recovery.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Steve,
What a grand thing it is to see your smiling face! I guess you showed how tough a bird you are! I know you are a careful rider.

I am just one of dozens or hundreds that are anxious to see you up and at em. It will be great to see you next tme it happens.

Fred, Thanks for the dialogue and the photos, and the friendship and support for Steve.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Fred, thanks for keep us updated on Steve. He is blessed to have a friend like you.

I've worked a lot of bike accidents, and I've seen ones with a lot less damage than Steve's Wing, have a fatal results. I so glad he was quickly treated and transported. Thanks go out to the Fire\Rescue folks for a great job.

Steve, hang in there man. Lots of prayers for you and your family are being said. Looking forward to getting to meet you one day.

Dep

·
Registered
262 Posts
Steve, Our prayers are with you. I say a prayer everytime I get on a motorcycle. Doesn't hurt to remind Him that you put all your faith in Him. Thanks for the update Fred.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts