GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems that the original link wasn't any good. Try this one.

Sticks Tonganoxie KS - Duluth MN Trip. Labor Day Weekend

Took a quick trip up to Duluth on the Great Lakes. Left KC this past Friday at Noon, went up I-35 to St Paul and over to Wisconsin at Forest Lake. Up State Rd 35 with a road out detour through some forestry roads and had to compete with Quad runners. Great scenery though. Spent some time on the lake shore in Duluth. This is a great destination with restaurants, horse carriage rides, walkways, historic boats and ships, aquarium, maritime museums and lots of friendly people. I rode about 20 miles north around the lake on the scenic lake shore road. Then hightailed it south on I-35 to Mission Creek, picked up Route 23 and went southwest down through St Cloud and a nasty night time thunderstorm, through PipeStone pick up route 75 south around Sioux City on 75 to Winneb south to Blair through Omaha through Atchison and back to Tonganoxie KS. Arrived home at 10 pm Sunday night. The distance traveled was around 1500 or more miles. I can't believe how many bike shots I took. So please overlook that.

This link will take you to an album I threw together. You may have to copy and paste it.

http://deluth.shutterfly.com/26

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes Sir, We are riding today. Would like to ride with fellow Wing operators. Send me a PM. if you want. As a road Captain and cruiser rider I know that the cruiser bikes are sometimes huffin and puffin to stay with it and this trip was one of those.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi

Well I should have waited a bit but I talked to some friends and we are going to there place in Mexico Mo But would sure like to take a rain check I think tomorrow evening we are going on a dinner ride with the KC GWRRA are you all up to that ?? I will be gone till tomorrow about noon but will look for your reply then :0 sorry I would have loved to ride with you all today
Fred

1 - 4 of 4 Posts