GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am attempting to add a chrome piece on the gas cover. Tried to peel off the "helment warning" sticker and only made a mess. Been on there for 2 years. Any ideas for removal.

·
Registered
168 Posts
There are a couple of products out there that will remove the adhesive without also removing the paint. I've used an aerosol product marketed under the name "Sticker-Shock" successfully, but don't know who makes it. I've seen it in Checker and other auto-parts stores. Honda's name-brand cleaner will sometimes work, and here's yet ANOTHER use for WD-40. It's sometimes pretty good on sticker-glue, as it is on tar etc. I'd advise any product you try, first check the reaction on your paint in some obscure location before using it on your top-shell. Good luck!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Steve_Aylor said:
I am attempting to add a chrome piece on the gas cover. Tried to peel off the "helment warning" sticker and only made a mess. Been on there for 2 years. Any ideas for removal.
I use Goo-B-Gone on just about everything. Never had it soften up paint, nor dull acrylic. Put a little on and leave it for 5 minutes or so, and you can just roll the sticker off.

You'll want to keep a bottle around - it's handy as a shirt pocket!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As Chad mentioned....WD-40. I've had excellent results on many different surfaces (but as suggested, do a test spot first.)

Ron
:blw1: '03

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got it off with BOM! Man you can't beat that stuff.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Steve,

Useing a BOMB to take off a little sticker, is a bit overkill is it not? Well you know how they do things in Taxes....LOl

Bulldog

1 - 7 of 7 Posts