GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own an 06 Goldwing. Lately have noticed throttle sticking to the point that I have to turn it back to slow down. Tried oiling it, did not work. Any advice would be helpful. Thank You. Thehoodman

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
If the cable is not over tightened you may have a burr in the line somewhere that will eventually cause the cable to fail. This is a real show stopper on a trip. Ron Bien had one in an adjuster nut near the front of the motor.

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
If lubing didn't remedy this you should inspect them for a kink or break. If all looks well replace the cables, this is too important of an issue to ignore.

·
Registered
16,865 Posts
Check simple stuff first. Sometimes the inside rubber flange of the OE handgrips rub against the throttle housing and this causes drag. You may be able to warm the grip and massage/puull it outward just a tiny bit to get that area to clear. I little spritz of silicone lube between the rubber thand the housing further sliks it. If you have added risers, binding or over stretching of ths cables is a reasonable possibility. My tunnel filters but mine in a bind once. If the cables themselves drag, I would suspect a frayed cable that needs replaced, although I would be tempted to lube it as the book says.

prs

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
I own an 06 Goldwing. Lately have noticed throttle sticking to the point that I have to turn it back to slow down. Tried oiling it, did not work. Any advice would be helpful. Thank You. Thehoodman
It's a safety issue as far as I see it,sticking throttle isn't a good thing any time.
If it was my 06.I'd take it to the Dealer to replace the cable..

If it was out of warranty-I'd replace it myself..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts