GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you still didn't mouse proof the air intake here is another idea :cool:

Take your old air filter and cut off the tabs holding the mesh screen on the bottom of the filter body.
Cut the screen out of the frame, pick you screen (there are two from different "densities" of the screen) and put on a flat surface. Cut in half, there is enough to do both sides..... Put your plastic intake pc. on the top and bend all the edges. Secure with a cable tie (or anything you prefer) and bend the edge of the screen over the cable tie backwards so it won't slip. And whoa-la, you are done. You have recycled part of the filter and didn't cost you a penny, or any time to search for the material to accomplish this task. I forgot to take picture while it was still outside the bike so forgive me for "bad" picture. But you'll have an idea......

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Brilliant! :shock:

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
That's OK but I've already explained to the mice in my garage to stay away from my bikes!!! :cool:

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,216 Posts
All you need to do is catch one and roast him on a skew over an open flame in the middle of the garage. When the others hear him squeal and smell him cooking, they head for the hills...at least it worked for my neighbors uninvited cat! :lol:

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
All you need to do is catch one and roast him on a skew over an open flame in the middle of the garage. When the others hear him squeal and smell him cooking, they head for the hills...at least it worked for my neighbors uninvited cat! :lol:
What seasoning do you recommend, and how many does it take per serving?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh boy. Those long winter days......;):mrgreen:

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
Once word of your Mouse BBQ reaches Tejas, there will be a mass migration of mice. From what I understand, everybody in Tejas LOVES BBQ - including mice.

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,216 Posts
Once word of your Mouse BBQ reaches Tejas, there will be a mass migration of mice. From what I understand, everybody in Tejas LOVES BBQ - including mice.
That's why you have to roast 'em alive, it's the squeeeeeeeelllll that gets them going. :thumbup:

·
Registered
595 Posts
I have 2 cats living inside my air filters....................................NO MICE

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's amassing to see how many people need to go out and ride:shock:
It went from air filter to BBQ mice, cats and dogs in an hour......:eek:4:

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,216 Posts
Actually, it's not the lack of riding, it's the antihistamine I'm taking for this sinus infection. Makes me feel funny! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Actually, it's not the lack of riding, it's the antihistamine I'm taking for this sinus infection. Makes me feel funny! :lol: :lol:
And now into drugs and getting high, great!

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Uh Oh... This thread's out of control! :lol:

·
Registered
7,389 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I have 2 cats living inside my air filters....................................NO MICE
I always thought the cat was on the exhaust.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts