GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My right thumb and first finger still go numb even with Kury grips & Reg risers & good gloves. I'm a relaxed rider and use cruise for immediate relief of the problem. Anyone got any ideas. :roll:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Mine does the same thing, but I have figured out it is my glove. It does not do it all the time, just once in awhile.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Had those, didn't work. Switched to Kury's. That helped but still once in awhile still have the numbing.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Carpal tunnel syndrome

·
Registered
233 Posts
Sounds like a corpal tunnel problem. Maybe you need to see the doc. Try taking some anti-inflamitory medicine and hour before you ride to see if that helps.

·
Registered
601 Posts
ElBando said:
Carpal tunnel syndrome
True..
I have it, and arthritis...
So I am usually a mess after a short ride even ... 8)

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I had both my hands operated on for carpal tunnel and I feel much better. See your doctor. It is worth it.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
ElBando said:
I had both my hands operated on for carpal tunnel and I feel much better. See your doctor. It is worth it.
In the meanwhile, take an ibuprofin (Motrin, Advil) before you ride and carry a bottle with you. It will help with the inflamation.

·
Registered
601 Posts
tjshelton said:
ElBando said:
In the meanwhile, take an ibuprofin (Motrin, Advil) before you ride and carry a bottle with you. It will help with the inflamation.
Coors Light, Corona, Bud light, MGD, Rum and DrPepper, Orange Juice and Vodka, and so on ... It all works well .. 8)

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I am thinking that it might be a problem with cervical vertabrae. If you have a Chiropractor you should see him.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
numb thumb

I had the same thing from twenty five years of holding a welding torch.Could not ride ten miles until my hand went to sleep and I would hit the cruse and exercise my hand to get the blood flowing.My dentist,who is a biker told me to take 100mg B6.After two weeks of B6 everyday I have almost no problem and it has been about four years.Much better than getting cut on! :) :) :)

·
Registered
552 Posts
Lotboybike said:
My right thumb and first finger still go numb even with Kury grips & Reg risers & good gloves. I'm a relaxed rider and use cruise for immediate relief of the problem. Anyone got any ideas. :roll:
You really need to sqeeze some tennis balls. You are getting what we in the dirt bike world call "arm pump". This develops because you are riding too tense and are grabbing your handlebars too tight. It also helps to eat a bunch of bannanas and drink a bunch of gatorade before each ride.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Eat a bunch of bannanas?? Suppose you'll get Monkey butt then. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
I had that problem and was diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome. I had my right hand operated on, it healed up quickly, and after about 7--10 days I was able to ride again. Still tende, but usable. That was about 3 months ago, and now I can ride without the pain and numbness. It takes about a year to completely recover (as opposed to simply healing up), and there is still a tender spot at the heel of my hand, but it's getting smaller and less painful as time goes by. Most of all those other things may provide some relief, but it's just temporary--been there done that.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts