GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did some bike work with Grampawinger today and then we went for a ride, as most of us are wont to do on a nice day. We went to a new restaurant my wife had gotten us a discount coupon for (love that lady).

So as we pull in there's a gentleman and his wife exiting the restaurant and going over to an 09 silver Wing parked there (best color by far ;)). He sees us and comes over to look over our bikes. Sees various doodads that he likes, so talks to us concerning them. So we spend about 20-25 minutes with him and his wife, and then head into the restaurant before they close for the day.

So here's the part concerning good people are still around. Waitress comes to get our order, sees my coupon and tells me to save it, the gentleman we were talking to bought our lunch for us :thumbup::thumbup:. He's currently not a board member, but we gave him the website and hopefully he'll join. He will obviously make a fine member.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Good story! Great to hear things like this and know there are kind people working amongst the crowds when we least expect it. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Did some bike work with Grampawinger today and then we went for a ride.....
Boy, you'll hang around with just about anybody, huh? Grandmawinger has got her hands full with that one.

Random act of kindness is the best kind, IMO.

Every Wing I pass on the road, I wonder if they have a GL1800riders handle and are a known character around here. Also, every stopped encounter with an unknown Wing rider, the topic of GL1800riders usually comes up in the first 3 or 4 sentences from one side of the conversation or the other.

Z

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
You sure you want someone nice hanging around here? I would hate to think we were responsible for his corruption.:eek:4::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Boy, you'll hang around with just about anybody, huh? Grandmawinger has got her hands full with that one.

Random act of kindness is the best kind, IMO.

:p Yes she does, and she is a treasure. But I consider her "act of kindness" to be that of putting up with me for 45 years as of July 22.

Life is good when you have a wonderful wife, good friends, friendly people, and a Goldwing with a buddy to ride with.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
You sure you want someone nice hanging around here? I would hate to think we were responsible for his corruption.:eek:4::thumbup::thumbup:

I also let them know about the IBA.....Iron Butt Association. :thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
307 Posts
And who says there is no such a thing as a free lunch.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
That's very nice, only thing I wonder about, is if they were leaving, how did they know what you were going to have for lunch, and how did they know how much your bill was going to come to? :shrug:

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
That's very nice, only thing I wonder about, is if they were leaving, how did they know what you were going to have for lunch, and how did they know how much your bill was going to come to? :shrug:

:p They left a $20.00 bill and we had to come up with $0.78 plus a $3.00 tip.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
:p They left a $20.00 bill and we had to come up with $0.78 plus a $3.00 tip.

I see, that's great, good fathers day present for you two.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Boy, you'll hang around with just about anybody, huh? Grandmawinger has got her hands full with that one.Z
Yeah, after 37+ years of marriage I've learned to put up with a cantankerous old person :joke:

And agree grandmawinger has the soul of a saint.

However, that old ironbutter grampawinger can outride me. :nojoke:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts