GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While temps had been in the teens, twenties, and thirties - this weekend they were in the 60's and 70's (though lotsa rain).

Still riding here, finally got all the air deflectors installed including the rear air foil. Tomorrow will be the first ride with it.

Who else is still riding in the winter time?

·
Registered
357 Posts
I got some wind therapy in last Saturday and plan to ride a little on Christmas Eve. We probably have about another three weeks of 'tolerable' riding weather in the Central Va area. Enjoy it while it lasts, winter weather is coming.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
aha, but I'll continue to ride unless there's a blizzard. Been doing this for about 12 years now...

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Everyday! Commute to work, and also pleasure rides in the frigid temps although I hate the cold and love the heat! Only ice/snow storms keep me off the bike. I took a 4 hour ride in the rain Sunday- it's all good! :bow:

Haven't owned a cage in many years... actually ashamed when I have to borrow my wife's or son's car in an emergency. :oops: :cus:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You go Gary! Sound like me... Though I don't pleasure ride anymore..

·
Registered
72 Posts
I will ride as long as I have visibility and traction though 15 degrees at 70 mph is getting close to wimp out temperature for me.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Yeah, but when it's hot here, I'm enjoying rolling 2-lanes thru the farmland, curvey foothill passes, and forest valleys of W. Virginia, Virginia, Western Maryland, and Pennsylvania...

FLAT everywhere you ride! :lol:

still ridin here 87 degrees the other day a tad cool today though,only 73

1 - 11 of 11 Posts