GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty good deal. Harbor Freight has a sale on the below. (Round numbers) $260 on sale for $200. Today another 25% off for the 4th. of July one day coupon. Price with discounts, $160. We just picked up the kit this afternoon. We'll mod the width narrower and figger what kind of luggage box to build/buy. #2 son is excited, he'll need it for his first extended road trip in August.

http://www.harborfreight.com/1090-l...our-lug-wheels-and-tires-90153.html?hftref=cj

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got the same deal on Memorial Day. I narrowed mine to 30" and love it. I would adivise if you don't weld it, put Loc-Tite on the bolts. The nylox nuts are good, but the thing will vibrate a lot, even with only one leaf spring.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Got the same deal on Memorial Day. I narrowed mine to 30" and love it. I would adivise if you don't weld it, put Loc-Tite on the bolts. The nylox nuts are good, but the thing will vibrate a lot, even with only one leaf spring.
Do you have to shorten the axle?

·
Registered
362 Posts
cut axle

You need to cut alike amount out of the axle that you narrowed the bed. Weld in a piece of black pipe to strengthen it. Do notb forget to put a piece of hose around the bolt the spring rides on to quiet it down

·
Registered
352 Posts
Here is the documentation for my trailer build. Might help you some.
In my signature line.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts