GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder what it would take to get the administrators to consider moving the Trike sub forum out to the main board....... or do you even want it moved? I’ve been a member of the 1800riders forum for quite a while and until recently I didn’t know the Trike sub forum existed. I wonder how many others have missed this cubby hole.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Yes yes yes! Been thinking the same thing. Thanks for speaking up. And no, you’re no stirring the pot at all. Just asking a question:thumbup:.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Then create a sidecar subforum. That's a sector that has long been ignored.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Certainly not the response I thought I would get. Positive or Negative!

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Back when Lemont had the forum in 2007-08 they tried to get him to do it. Back then the trike forum was heavily traveled and Lemont wouldnt do it. To me theres just not enought traffic to justify it. Even looking at Triketalk the Goldwing forum doesnt get enough steady traffic either. Too many forums out there.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
You know what? I had no idea we had a trike forum either!

YES I'm all for trikes to be considered around regular two wheels...also

Thumbs up!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Good suggestion Ronnie I'd like to see that, I rarely go to the sub forum, but that's just me. No particular reason, I just don't take the time I guess.

·
Administrator
4,029 Posts
thanks for the suggestion. I guess you really don't think about something that when it's not current to you, or in this case, I don't own a trike. Just counted, we've got 18 forums right now. Don't see where making it 19 would cause the universe to collapse. We'll kick it around. Thanks. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
That's the deal with all manner of sliced and diced little special topic fora (AKA forums). The more you make, the fewer you realize exist.

The whole structure here could use a good wire brushing. Most of the states are ghost towns (don't be offended, TX, FL, et al). There are many ways to organize the special interests and the way they are now doesn't necessarily NOT make sense, it's just that only a very few people scroll beyond the top few lines in the main screen. Even folks posting in the weird little ones may be getting there from the recent posts block rather than browsing the forum based on interest in the topic and awareness of its existence.

It's always wise to temper enthusiasm for a topic with awareness of traffic patterns. It's very easy to wind up shouting to yourself in a totally justified but basically vacant cloistered little forum.

·
Administrator
4,029 Posts
Thanks Bob.
Well, maybe you won't be thanking me..
We've kicked this thing around amongst ourselves. Have followed the board's thought, pro & con. Even followed the post about a pre-'12 sub forum. Seems to us there is just not enough traffic on the trike forum to warrant yet another sub forum. Last thing we want to do is clutter things up more. So, as of now, afraid the idea just doesn't fly. Thanks guys, for the input, positive & negative. We didn't want to leave you hanging. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Putting us old guys off the main drag

With the majority of GL1800 riders being over 40, I would say trikes are the next step in evaluation. People need to be informed about them and most people I'm sure don't know we are here on a back page.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Well, maybe you won't be thanking me..
We've kicked this thing around amongst ourselves. Have followed the board's thought, pro & con. Even followed the post about a pre-'12 sub forum. Seems to us there is just not enough traffic on the trike forum to warrant yet another sub forum. Last thing we want to do is clutter things up more. So, as of now, afraid the idea just doesn't fly. Thanks guys, for the input, positive & negative. We didn't want to leave you hanging. Thanks guys.

The trike forum doesn't have much traffic because it's hidden away. Why not try a temporary move and see what happens?

·
IronMan
17,112 Posts
I dont own a trike but forum there . Ds one there camper etc. Put it in place of test forum ! ??

·
Registered
90 Posts
Does anyone know a forum that treats Trike owners like equals, that do not stick us on back pages???? Just go to a Wing Ding, I bet at least 1/3 if not more of all the GW's are triked, in fact the largest vendor space by a long shot is Trike manufactures.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Very good point, seems on most forums, except TT, the trike is not very popular. Does it equate to seniors, is it the 3 wheels? I have no idea. I rode 2 wheels for many years, I now ride 3, so for some of us, it works.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
I am not tech savvy, but can find a ‘sub’ forum if I need to, but I usually tap on ‘today’s posts’ and get all up to date that way. >:) we should make the Minnesota forum more mainstream to get more hits on it >:) too! Just kidding. I’ve seen some really awesome trikes before, and would not hesitate to ride that way if/when the need arises. trikes are good.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts