GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Administrator
4,026 Posts
Let's regroup for a second.
A question was asked. Simple enough. The mods discussed it among ourselves. Conclusion was reached. 'No', plain & simple. No big deal. No animosity towards trikes. Just as there's none towards the darksiders, campers, trailer people, you name it. But let's don't play this 'poor us' card.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I am not tech savvy, but can find a ‘sub’ forum if I need to, but I usually tap on ‘today’s posts’ and get all up to date that way. >:) we should make the Minnesota forum more mainstream to get more hits on it >:) too! Just kidding. I’ve seen some really awesome trikes before, and would not hesitate to ride that way if/when the need arises. trikes are good.

Not a bad idea, never thought of that, guess that would be 'new posts' and subscribe to something of interest. Hey, I'm not tech savv either, just do it same old way all the time it seems, but not old to learn something simple.

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
:bow::bow::biker::yes::beer2:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I just found the Trike section not too long ago but have been a member of the forum for sometime. After I made my first post I came back and couldn't find my post, I thought I was on the wrong forum. The administrators have the last say on the boards and I have no problem with that. However, sir I think you are making the wrong call. As an administrator I assume your goals would be to increase the forum traffic along with keeping peace among members.

Trikes are the fastest growing segment of the market. There are trikes built for just about any modern motorcycle made by at least 8-9 different manufacturers. Anytime I go for a ride with the local GWRRA group we are now 1/2 or better trikes. As we ride many we meet in passing are trikes. If we stop for a lunch most of the people who come up and talk to us talk to the trike owners.

If you look at your main boards there are many with less than 500-1000 topics in them and they are on the main page. The trike section alone has over 7,000 topics and it is hidden down at the bottom of the page below the advertiser index. A grocer wouldn't put a poor seller up by the cashier and a good seller in back. (remember the market) If you don't agree to give the Trikes a forum and want to keep them in a Sub-forum at least look into moving the whole sub-forum up in front of the FAQ's and advertisers index.

·
Administrator
4,026 Posts
I just found the Trike section not too long ago but have been a member of the forum for sometime. After I made my first post I came back and couldn't find my post, I thought I was on the wrong forum. The administrators have the last say on the boards and I have no problem with that. However, sir I think you are making the wrong call. As an administrator I assume your goals would be to increase the forum traffic along with keeping peace among members.

Trikes are the fastest growing segment of the market. There are trikes built for just about any modern motorcycle made by at least 8-9 different manufacturers. Anytime I go for a ride with the local GWRRA group we are now 1/2 or better trikes. As we ride many we meet in passing are trikes. If we stop for a lunch most of the people who come up and talk to us talk to the trike owners.

If you look at your main boards there are many with less than 500-1000 topics in them and they are on the main page. The trike section alone has over 7,000 topics and it is hidden down at the bottom of the page below the advertiser index. A grocer wouldn't put a poor seller up by the cashier and a good seller in back. (remember the market) If you don't agree to give the Trikes a forum and want to keep them in a Sub-forum at least look into moving the whole sub-forum up in front of the FAQ's and advertisers index.
you have aPM

·
Registered
90 Posts
thanks for the suggestion. I guess you really don't think about something that when it's not current to you, or in this case, I don't own a trike. Just counted, we've got 18 forums right now. Don't see where making it 19 would cause the universe to collapse. We'll kick it around. Thanks. ?
Now you have added insult to injury with this new format. You have to page through the 1st list down to sub-forums then you can get to the trike link. You really know how to make people feel welcome!!!

·
Administrator
4,026 Posts
Now you have added insult to injury with this new format. You have to page through the 1st list down to sub-forums then you can get to the trike link. You really know how to make people feel welcome!!!
Sir. Always get your facts straight before posting. THE MODS HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS CHANGE.

·
Administrator
4,026 Posts
If you click on the GL1800riders logo, the trikes are listed in the NUMBER 4 position.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thanks Bulle tBob
When I first log in I see the Trike forum but I never saw it after I looked at a post.
Now I have a fast way to get to it.
SOOOOO much easier Thanks again
Bubber

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Before I triked out my bike, I never even thought about a "trike" section.....BUT now that I do ride a trike, this will now be my first stop, when ever responding to any post on this board...
BY THE WAY BOB: Thank you for all you do for us "Wingers"....W/O yourself, and the other mod's, this board would NOT be able to exists. (y)

Ronnie

·
Administrator
4,026 Posts
Before I triked out my bike, I never even thought about a "trike" section.....BUT now that I do ride a trike, this will now be my first stop, when ever responding to any post on this board...
BY THE WAY BOB: Thank you for all you do for us "Wingers"....W/O yourself, and the other mod's, this board would NOT be able to exists. (y)

Ronnie
Thank you, kind sir! I wouldn't go quite that far, but the 'Thanks' is really appreciated, from ALL of us mods. We don't always get 'er right but we do try. Again, thanks.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts