GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Right now, it’s sitting in our bedroom. Cannot believe I have not heard about that yet. Maybe she doesn’t see it.

I was thinking about screwing some mounts to it and using it as a Coronavirus guard. Possibly more effective than a face mask. If it gets hot, I’ll open the vent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
I gave mine away to a good friend..................

Ronnie

·
Registered
585 Posts
I suggest putting tape, or attach straps to both sides and use the screen as a Covid-10 extra large face shield. It will surely get you a lot of attention at the supermarket. If your stock windscreen has the vent, it an allow you to spit when behind the screen. Another possible use is to stick it into the ground to shield a delicate plant from the force of prevailing winds. Whenever I have replaced a windscreen, on any bike, the stock one got wrapped in a towel to prevent scratching, put on a shelf for a minimum of two years, then thrown into the trash.

And just out of curiosity, what convinced you to replace the screen in the first place? I still have the original screen on my 2016 Wing that I bought new, and it seems to work exceedingly well so I doubt that a Madstad or any other after market screen is worth considering at this time. Maybe I'm wrong, and I'm open to comments.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I installed my Madstad, and it is great, just like my last one. The question is - what to do with my stock windshield? Sell it? Keep for an eventual trade in or sale - is the desire for a dealer or buyer worth enough to keep it as an item that may add more value than what it is worth selling separately?
Mine is hanging in the garage....

·
Registered
8,969 Posts
I'd been given a OEM windshield a few years ago; I couldn't give it away. It was in worse shape than the ten year old windshield I had on my '06.

It went into the trash bin in three pieces.

When the opportunity arises to rid the '16 bike that still has the OEM shield, it may end up in the same spot - the landfill.

Some of you guys need to seriously consider:
The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I suggest putting tape, or attach straps to both sides and use the screen as a Covid-10 extra large face shield. It will surely get you a lot of attention at the supermarket. If your stock windscreen has the vent, it an allow you to spit when behind the screen. Another possible use is to stick it into the ground to shield a delicate plant from the force of prevailing winds. Whenever I have replaced a windscreen, on any bike, the stock one got wrapped in a towel to prevent scratching, put on a shelf for a minimum of two years, then thrown into the trash.

And just out of curiosity, what convinced you to replace the screen in the first place? I still have the original screen on my 2016 Wing that I bought new, and it seems to work exceedingly well so I doubt that a Madstad or any other after market screen is worth considering at this time. Maybe I'm wrong, and I'm open to comments.
I had a Madstad on my F6B and really liked it. The stock Wing windshield, in my opinion, did not allow enough air flow on warm days and allowed a tad too much buffeting and noise, and was too big. With my previous Madstad experience, it was an easy choice. The Madstad increases airflow and reduces noise ... plus offers a lot of adjustment while keeping the top of the windscreen out of line of vision.

·
Registered
16,629 Posts
Target practice! Slugfest! Shoot some Stangers! Break out that old 1911 and let'r rip taterchip.

prs

·
Registered
831 Posts
I may use my old F4 to make an air foil for the passenger. My wife gets a lot of wind coming from behind her that is annoying to her, and the wind creates a lot of wind noise in her mic. Hopi, the air foil will help reduce some of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
A friend gave me the stock windshield from his 03 when he sold the wing. It doesn’t have a vent, but I’m holding it “just in case I ever need one” I guess. It is hanging on the wall in the garage next to the nearly brand new lower front cowl he also gave me.

oh well, at least they’re not in the way

21 - 37 of 37 Posts